Custom query for portfolio items with new VisualComposer Post Grid Element

Hello,
in new VC there is this nice feature to make your own post grids. But I cannot menage to write proper custom query for showing portfolio-posts type. Could you help me with this?

Comments

• Hey,

unfortunately this VC feature is not compatible with our portfolio items. As we mentioned in description, some of muffin items does not work with VC elements.

Thanks for understanding!
  • So you're telling me there is no chance that it will work?
    I thought Betheme portfolio item is just like other custom post types, like products in woocommerce for example..
    And all I need is query to get title, featured image and post link to get it to work...

That's very bad news for me :/
  • So I'm really disappointed in your support.
    Thank god I did not stop to search for a solution to my problem, because VC PostGridElement DOES work in BeTheme.

Ok, there is a problem with excerpt, but as long as you want to get post title, featured image and link - everything works fine. I still didn't find a proper way to make a custom query but when you copy VC shortcode and change parameter "post_type" to "portfolio" it works like a miracle.

for those who struggle with this issue:

[vc_masonry_grid post_type="portfolio" ... ]

Thanks anyway.
  • I think this is a miracle because we tried it many times in the past to make it compatible and won't work. Probably VC author changed his mind and made it compatible with this item instead.

Thanks for your explanation!
  • No problem.
    Maybe someone will figure out how to make it simple way - with custom query. That would be nice
    If someone does, please post your solution here.
  • I am trying to solve the same problem. So first of all many thanks to kosajan. This is certainly a step in the right direction. 

I am a little confused though that it does not work as one would expect. According to VC's Advanced Grid Builder page (http://vc.wpbakery.com/features/grid-builder/) it should work with Portfolio and other custom posts. So why not with Betheme's Portfolio?

Looking for a solution I also came across the Go Portfolio plug-in (http://vc.wpbakery.com/addons/go-portfolio/). Muffingroup, do you think this could address the problem.

Thanks a lot.
  • @snebelung Some items are just not compatible with VC (we mentioned about this in changelog) and that's it. This builder is completely different then what we do on our side and this won't work at all.

Thanks for understanding!
  • Too bad, but thanks for letting me know.