Custom Elements

How can I add a text block in Muffin builder and assign custom CSS to it? I really like this team but I've just realised none of the Muffin builder elements (as far as I can see) allow for adding custom CSS - something every other page builder / editor does. Is there even a text element? I've seen the Visual Editor but that just uses the WP writing tool.

I know I can set some (not all) elements globally in theme options but I need more freedom than that?

Why are only some of the Muffin elements available in Visual Composer (which allows me to do all of the above). I would have used VC if the Timeline and Blockquote elements had been available in there.

Can I use a mix of the two on one page? I know that's not good practice...

Thanks,
Paul.

Comments

• Hi Paul,

in this case you can use "Column" item if Visual Editor is not enough for you. Inside column you can use html tags, shortcodes or even local css so basically you can do whatever you want. Some items are not available into VC, because this plugin is just not compatible with our ideas.

Thanks for understanding!
  • Hi,

Column looks like the element I need. Is it possible to apply custom css to individual columns?

I prefer Muffin builder to VC personally (I've uninstalled VC now).

Is there any way I can hide the default Wordpress editor so my client only needs to see/edit Muffin builder?

Thanks,
    Paul.
  • Css inside columns can be used locally. Or you can use css below column as part of item inside special css tags :)
  • Sounds good, I just can't see how I can enter the css?

Thanks.
  • At this moment you can do something like below:
    <p class="class-name">some content inside column</p>

<style>
    .class-name { color: #000; }
    etc...
    </style>
    However we are planning to do it a little bit different with future updates. We would like to add "custom class" field for each item and then this will be much easier :)
  • That's fine - I'll do that for now and move to custom css when the update is ready.

Thanks.