Regenerate thumbnails in post

Hi, 
on your demo site, the post featured image appears both on the top of the post and on the navigation buttons on the bottom left+right of the page. The images though have different analogies, the top one is large and wider, and on the post navigation the pictures are squared by being cropped in the middle section of the picture. (for example see "church_blog_5" image in "Vivamus malesuada fames ac" demo post)
When i try to create my own posts, i set the featured image but there are no thumbnails regenerated so that it appears properly in every position. I have the force regenerate thumbnails plugin installed+activated, and i have tried to create thumbnails manually too but it does not seem to work.

Is there something i can do about it?

Comments

• Hi,

if you want to modify images sizes, then you can do it only in functions/theme-functions.php file where add_image_size() functions are.

Thanks!
  • Indeed, under "Post thumbnails" i see the code related to the posts.

add_image_size( 'blog', 576,  450,  true  ); // blog - list
    add_image_size( 'blog-vertical', 576,  1200, false ); // blog - vertical
    add_image_size( 'blog-single', 1200, 480,  true  ); // blog - single
    add_image_size( 'blog-navi', 60,   80,   true  ); // blog - sticky navigation, widget

But i don't want to modify the image sizes, i want the thumbnails to be regenerated so that these image sizes will actually appear correctly. Right now, both blog-navi and featured image use the image i uploaded, not the regenerated thumbnails.
  • Because both uses exactly the same image. Sounds like everything is ok and we don't understand what exactly you want to do. Please make a screenshot of what you mean with explanation and also send us url to page where you want to do this. Maybe then we'll be able to help.
  • On your demo site http://themes.muffingroup.com/betheme/priest/947,cum-sociis-natoque-penatibus.html , the featured image is "church_blog_5-1200x480.jpg" as i can see from the inspect element. 
    Now going to the page http://themes.muffingroup.com/betheme/priest/947,cum-sociis-natoque-penatibus.html , which is the previous post, i can see in the post navigation button in the bottom right of the screen the picture "church_blog_5-80x80.jpg", the squared cropped picture that i mentioned before.

So setting the picture "church_blog_5" as featured image for the post, should normally regenerate another 2 thumbnails, the 
    "church_blog_5-1200x480.jpg" and the "church_blog_5-80x80.jpg" , which it doesn't in my case.

Hope this is more understandable, thanks.
  • Yes, this is more understandable but this works as default like that. So if in your case this won't work, we recommend to re-install theme or install on new/fresh wordpress because something must be wrong deeper. There is nothing else related with those sizes. Also please remove all your external plugins because one of them could be also the problem.