Permalink custom post types

I have my blog residing in a subfolder www.site.com/blog. The custom post types like slide and portfolio do not reside in that subfolder, e.g. www.site.com/portfolio-item. I could easily achieve this by editing meta-portfolio.php, meta-offer.php and so on.
I needed to change the the 'with-front' argument from true to false and tweaked some other setting.
With your latest update, the custom post type 'portfolio' changed. I have been searching now very long where I could change back that 'with-front'-argument for the porfolio-type. Because, by default, the portfolio is residing on www.site.com/blog/portfolio-type and not www.site.com/portfolio-type.
Where can I change this right now? Could you help me out?
Thank you!
Koen.

Comments

• Hi,

slugs for portfolio can be easily changed now in Theme options > Getting started > Portfolio section. We added one new option so now you can change portfolio-types as well.

Thanks!
  • Hi, Yes I know that. But my default slug is www.site.com/blog, because I have moved my blog to that subdirectory. However custom post types (like portfolio) are moving also, unless I can set the 'with-front'-argument of the rewrite to false. I could easily do that in meta-portfolio.php. I can still do that in meta-testimonial.php for instance, but not for portfolio anymore. So where I change this rewrite rule for the portfolio-type with your latest update?
    So I don't want www.site.com/blog/portfolio-type, I want www.site.com/portfolio-type (so without the blog).
    Thanks,
    Koen.
  • I talked with coder and he said that you can do this in the same place as the last time.
    $args = array(
        'labels'                 => $labels,
        'menu_icon'                => 'dashicons-portfolio',
        'public'                 => true,
        'publicly_queryable'     => true,
        'show_ui'                 => true,
        'query_var'             => true,
        'capability_type'         => 'post',
        'hierarchical'             => false,
        'menu_position'         => null,
        'rewrite'                 => array(
            'slug'             => $slug,
            'with_front'    => false,
        ),
        'supports'                 => array( 'author', 'comments', 'editor', 'excerpt', 'page-attributes', 'thumbnail', 'title' ),
    );
  • OMG, so easy. Thank you for your wonderful support! You guys are the best.
  • Yes, it is so easy :) You're welcome!