update

My website is made with Betheme 20.8.8.
Now I need to update the version to 20.9.4.
If I click on update, do I loose any of the customisations?

Comments

• Hi,
    No, all of your settings are stored in database.
    If you modified any theme files then please use a child theme otherwise feel free to update.
    Thanks.
  • I did change many settings in the dashboard -> Betheme -> theme options but I am not sure if those are changes in files or if that does effect an upgrade
  • All changes made inside the theme like: theme options, images and content is saved in the database.
    By changing the theme files we mean editing them and writing/changing code.
    If you did not do that and just changed the theme option then nothing will happen.
    You can always mke a backup if you are worried :)
    cheers
  • edited June 2018
    I finally got the courage to do this, but it did not work, got a fault message:

Het updateproces gaat starten. Dit proces kan op sommige hosts enige tijd duren, even geduld.

Onderhoudsmodus inschakelen…

Thema Betheme (1/1) updaten

Update downloaden van http://api.muffingroup.com/theme/download.php?code=037bc550-777a90a606662
    Uitpakken van pakket…
    De laatste versie installeren…
    Update thema mislukt.

Er deed zich een fout voor tijdens het updaten Betheme: Het pakket kan niet geïnstalleerd worden. Dit pakket bevat geen bestanden.

Onderhoudsmode deactiveren…

Alle updates zijn klaar.

Terug naar de themapagina | Terug naar WordPress bijwerken

What is wrong?

Thx for help

• Hey,
    this message could mean that your license key is used on more than one domain.
    Please use this tool to manage your license keys:
    http://forum.muffingroup.com/betheme/discussion/36219/cannot-register-deregister-your-license-key-use-this-tool#latest

thanks
  • I do not understand, I build only one site, so have used this only ones.

When I enter my purchase code and my name  (I think I used (PetraWarmerdam), but not sure) on the http://api.muffingroup.com/licenses/ page I get  {"error":"No registered licenses for this purchase code and username"}, but when I look in the dashboard it says it is registered. But where then??

I bought it on the website of envato market in feb this year,  build my website locally on my computer and then when finished got it out with Combell hosting. 

• Dear Petra, Please make sure that is your exact envato username and use the license tool to see if there are no other places the theme is registered.
    You could also try to deregister the current theme and register it again.
    thanks
  • If I go to the envatomarket website and login I see the themeforest page and for support I should go to the muffingroup. Which is you I assume?

I checked my user name, and seems to be OK
    I  checked my purchase code that I have entered.
    The response is "no registered license for this code AND name"

So I have two questions, why do I see in the dashboard that it is registered?
    And what is then registered and where?????

Secondly and my be the most important one, What will happen if I click on de-register theme. Will I loose my website?

• Hi, please deregister the key on your website and register it again.
    This will not delete any content from your website.

Thanks.
  • Despite the fact that the thought to deregister scared the hell out of me. I did it , because of your encouragement.
    And all is OK !!!! website still runs, and I could update too ! Now I can see it is registered under my account :-)

However, this may tell you also something about the security/uses of those codes. You can install them locally under XAMPP for example, and build your website in Bethemes.  Then when you upload onto a real server, the website runs as made.

However the code is apparently not registered, and therefore could be used again !!
    Since I do not have any intensions to do so, for me no problem, but for the developers this may.