Make content full width

Hi - I'd like to make my content area full width whilst leaving the header and footer fixed

Setting the Layout to Full Width does not actually make it full width (to the edge of the screen) 

I can do it by using the content builder, creating a Section, changing the Section Style to Full width and then placing the Content WP inside it 

Is there a quicker way? 

Comments

• Hi,
    Please always attach a link so we can check it out. If the page is offline(localhost) then our help will be limited, you will have to contact us when the page is online. Also please make sure that the page is not under maintenance before you provide us the link.
    It is always a good idea to also attach a screenshot, for that use services like snag.gy or pasteboard.co
    thanks
  • Thing is though is that I am not going to leave the site I am working on in a state of incompletion so that you can look at it - I am going to keep working on it using a workaround and I won't be able to leave an example of the problem as it will hold me up.

I thought this was a very general question that could be answered without looking at an example - its just a case of whether or not the theme has the functionality or not.

And I'd have to get you to sign an NDA before showing you the site.

Are you able to answer the question without an example from me? Do you not have a copy of Betheme yourself to refer to? :)

If you are concerned about licensing I can provide my licence key
  • It's better when I have access to page, because customer page can be corrupt by CSS or Custom JS Scripts which I can disable and look on it so it's very helpful for me.
    Make a screenshot how it's looks like.

Be sure that you have selected the full width layout in Theme Options > Global > General.
    Please, disable all of the plugins, clear cache.
    Check if your theme is up to date.
    Then, please check if this works.

Thanks.

• Thanks for your help - I'll leave this for now

• Hi again. Sorry to have to bring this up again.

I find with these settings:-
    Responsive > General > Boxed to Full width is ON
    Global > General > Layout > is set to "Full Width"

The content area is not full width

Above 1240 wide the width of the content area is set via the value of Global > General > grid width
    Between 960 and 1239 the width is 940 
    Between 768 and 959 the width is 708
    Up to 767 the width is 700

The widths (yes they are max-widths) are applied to .section_wrapper, .container, .with_aside .content_wrapper 

Is this correct? 

(I can override them by using the content builder, creating a Section, changing the Section Style to Full width and then placing the Content WP inside it)

It just seems strange that it says 'Full Width' when its not

My site is here
  • Full-width doesn't mean that content will be full width.
    It will make your website width full-width, not boxed, but it will leave content with grid width.
    You can enable full-width content with this option in section editor as you said.
    This is the only option to make content full-width.
    Thanks.
  • thanks Pablo. Much appreciated