Menu Links Breaking when Using GamiPress

Hey Guys,

We are using a point system called GamiPress to award points for various actions taken on the site. However, for some reason when we add the award class to a menu link, it breaks the link. This is not happening when we use a default theme and the plugin developer mentioned it must be some way menus are set up in our theme. Any help with what function or hook may be causing the issue is much appreciated.

For What it's Worth Mega Menu is disabled.

Thanks!

Gabe

Comments

• Hi,

Sorry, but we did not test this script/plugin with the theme. Our policy states that we do not support third party plugins or custom code so unfortunately, we cannot be of any help to you.
    Also, we cannot recommend any plugins other than the ones we support. You can find the list on this page, in the sidebar:
    https://themeforest.net/item/betheme-responsive-multipurpose-wordpress-theme/7758048

thanks
  • I do understand that you do not test with every plugin out there, however if you could at least point me in the right direction of what you used in the menu code that may be causing the conflict to help narrow down our troubleshooting, that would be most helpful.

Thank you,
    Gabe
  • Please disable all of the plugins
    Check which one is making troubles and delete it.
    Thanks.
  • It's not a plugin issue. It is a theme issue.
  • If the plugin you are using is rendering the theme not usable and we do not support such plugin then it is a plugin fault, not a theme issue. Sorry but you will have to not use that plugin.
    thanks
  • I'm sorry, but this seems to be a theme compatibility issue to me. The plugin only breaks betheme, meaning there is some conflicting code inside of betheme causing the issue. It's hard for me to believe that your support for someone like me who has at least 6 licenses would be so lackadaisical. As a theme author I would think your priority would be the happiness of your customers. But it seems you don't really care to make sure your theme works with as many plugins as possible.

All I am asking is for the smallest bit of direction on what the issue could be with how you have coded your menu structure so we can work with the plugin author to hopefully correct the issue. We have spent a lot of time developing the child theme, and I really can't afford to rebuild everything in a new theme framework. 

Please, if you could just point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
    Gabe
  • Dear Gabe,
    we cannot support every plugin that exists and help our users with compatibility issues. We wrote above which plugins we support and we cannot make exceptions. The support staff is not trained to modify the theme files and especially plugins files of unknown origin.

We are sorry that you cannot use the plugin with our theme but we cannot do anything about it unfortunately.
    thanks