Like button for posts causing Port Scan and triggering mod_security issues with server

Hi,

My site was working fine until I tested the 'like' button with the little heart for posts. I was then blocked in my servers firewall with this message: 

Mar 20 10:59:50 web1
lfd[25877]: *Port Scan* detected from 92.156.236.24
(FR/France/AToulouse-553-1-172-24.w92-156.abo.wanadoo.fr). 11 hits in
the last 96 seconds - *Blocked in csf* for 3600 secs [PS_LIMIT]

The same thing happen to my client. 

Now every time I access my site (http://discoveringdiamonds.co.uk/) My client and I are blocked in the server firewall with this message: 

Mar 20 11:19:11 web1
lfd[26615]: (mod_security) mod_security (id:1234123413) triggered by
92.156.236.24 (FR/France/AToulouse-553-1-172-24.w92-156.abo.wanadoo.fr):
50 in the last 3600 secs - *Blocked in csf* [LF_MODSEC]

I can't change the security setting for my server because it is a shared server. I have temporally whitelisted my IP so I can look into the problem. I'm sure you'll agree I shouldn't need a dedicated server to run the theme. Has this happened before? 

Comments

• The only way I was able to view my site without being blocked again was to clear my cookies. 
  • Sorry but we can't be responsible for your server settings. Of course you don't need dedicated server as we got thousands of customers who uses shared hosting and everything works fine. Maybe your server got some weird restrictions and unfortunately we are not able to help in this case. This button does not have anything special, just simple code that is counting clicks. So if your server is blocking those kind of solutions, then you should drop off this hosting because you will meet with bigger problems in the future.

Thanks!