language bar location css?

Hi,

I bought a language plugin, it says I can put it anywhere using custom css.  Can you tell me what is the Custom CSS of the language bar menu?  I would like to put the plugin into the language bar menu.

Thanks!

Comments

• Hi,

did you purchased WPML plugin or other one? Because as it was explained on product's page our theme is compatible with with WPML plugin.

Thanks!
  • edited March 2015
    Hi, it's not WPML plugin.  It's a different once called "Ajax Translator Revolution."

Actually can you recommend what's the best or easiest way to do the following:

I would like to run a site that will have shopping cart function and events calendar in a different language.

Woocommerce seems to be fine for the shopping cart, but I would like the text that woocommerce uses, example: Add to cart, quantity, checkout text and buttons, etc, to be in a local language.

Ideally I can have woocommerce functions in a different language and still edit the site using English.

Same for the "events calendar plugin", I would like it to display in another language, but I want my dashboard to still be in English.

I've read that whatever site you set your WP dashboard to, then "woocommerce" and "events calendar" will go to that language, but I would still like my backend settings to be in English IF possible.

Some possible ways I've considered are:

Using Polylang, although that creates duplicate pages for each page, which is okay since I don't have too many pages, but I don't want to create two separate product entries for the same product.  I don't mind just creating one entry in the other language.  I don't have to sell it in English.

Using the Ajax Translator Revolution plugin, it translates too much and sometimes translates the prices wrong, so it's a little difficult to manage all the corrections that need to be done afterwards.

So in conclusion, can you tell me what's the best way to have a multilingual site, with woocommerce functions and event calendar functions in the other language, or both languages is fine too.  I'd to do all this while keeping the WP dashboard settings in English if possible.

Thanks!
  • edited March 2015
    Hi,

We did not use Ajax Translator Revolution plugin. Our theme is fully tested and compatible with WPML plugin so we recommend that you use it.

With it, you can have a website in multiple languages with dashbord in English.

Thanks!
  • edited March 2015
    Hi, 
    Thanks for the reply.  I'd like to find a low cost or free solution if possible.

I think I've found a possible solution, but ensure how to make it work.

When I change the WP dashboard language settings to the foreign language, I can get the events calendar and woocommerce to show in that language.

Looking in my file manager, I can see both woocommerce-admin.po and .mo files and also woocommerce.po and .mo files in the foreign language.

So is there a code that I can use that will allow be to keep using English woocommerce admin.po and .mo files so I can have English on the admin backend side, but will allow woocommerce to use the foreign language .po and .mo files for the front end?  It seems the correct files are all available (no translation needed), just need a special code, maybe to edit in a .php file?  (woocommerce uses whatever language the WP site is using, so if it can be told to use the foreign language instead, then it might be possible)

Thanks.
  • Hi,

Please contact WooCommerce support team maybe they've tested this plugins compatibility because looks like your problem is related with plugin.

Unfortunately, we do not offer support for third party plugins

Thanks!