header.php header-shop.php footer.php injections

Hi Guys

We have two sites on our shared server with 75 other sites using other themes, Before I begin explaining the issue I can assure you that the sites are up to date plugins wise theme wise and core wise.  The only two plugins which do not update are the layer-slider and wpbakery since they require an active paid license and not the bundled licenses you ship with the theme installation.

We find that the header.php , header-shop.php and footer.php are injected with redirects.  I will provide URL and access details to support personal once responded.

thanks

Comments

• edited September 2018
    Hi,
    1) You can update plugins without paid license of plugins in BeTheme > Install Plugins.
    There you can easily make this two plugins up to date.

2) If these files redirect you somewhere, then it must be some plugin, custom script or settings of the server.

Thanks.
  • HI Pablo

Once again you guys do not understand.  the inject happens into the files I gave.  can you tell me if this is a CDN you guys use ?

• Hi

So if I can update the plugin shipped with the theme why does the plugin provider say the following

There is a new version of LayerSlider WP available. View version 6.7.6 details. Automatic update is unavailable for this plugin.License activation is required in order to receive updates for LayerSlider. Purchase a license or read the documentation to learn more. Got LayerSlider in a theme?

"

I received LayerSlider bundled in my theme

We take plugin development very seriously and we're dedicated to
    offer the best product we can produce. Even if you're using a
    non-activated copy, it still has great features with almost unlimited
    capabilities to be a premium experience. Nevertheless, some additional
    features are only available for our direct buyers who have supported the
    plugin development by purchasing LayerSlider.

Theme bundles is a great way to increase our popularity by
    offering our unique and useful products to the crowd. However, product
    development and customer support require a lot of resources thus we can
    only offer our services to our direct buyers. By offering some exclusive
    features we're encouraging users to support the development of future
    versions of LayerSlider."

Please have someone answer  who know their own product.

Thanks

• edited September 2018
    We use cloudflare but we do not use any CDN in the theme files. All of the content comes from your serwer only so if you have any injects it is not from the theme itself. It must have to be a plugin or your hosting htaccess file.

2) Please disable all of the plugins before updating them.
    If you have a valid license key(for BeTheme) then you are able to update your LayerSlider to the newest version without purchasing a premium key to this plugin.(through BeTheme > Install Plugin, not Plugins > Installed Plugins)
    Also, be sure that your theme is up to date.

Thanks
  • Hi

Updating Plugin Layer Slider (1/3)

An error occurred while updating Layer Slider: Update package not available.

Updating Plugin Slider Revolution (2/3)

Downloading update from http://api.muffingroup.com/plugins/download.php?code=d01ca8a1-642e-4b99-9d4c-9e721c261371&plugin=revslider

Unpacking the update…

Installing the latest version…

Plugin update failed.

An error occurred while updating Slider Revolution: The package could not be installed. The package contains no files.

Updating Plugin WPBakery Page Builder (3/3)

Downloading update from http://api.muffingroup.com/plugins/download.php?code=d01ca8a1-642e-4b99-9d4c-9e721c261371&plugin=js_composer

Unpacking the update…

Installing the latest version…

Plugin update failed.

An error occurred while updating WPBakery Page Builder: The package could not be installed. The package contains no files.

You don't seem to even want to look at the source of injections ,  i am not alone who has been asking you about hacks . I was actually trying to help and show you how the injection happens and where it infects.

I have already suggested to my team,  we now look for an alternate theme where the support team would at-least want to look at an issue rather then blaming the "server"  the "core" or wordpress itself.

Until then we have paid licenses of the product and want it to update .  What is the next step for the errors we get above ?

thanks

• Hi,
    1) About updating the plugins:
    this message could mean that your license key is used on more than one domain.
    Please use this tool to manage your license keys:
    http://forum.muffingroup.com/betheme/discussion/36219/cannot-register-deregister-your-license-key-use-this-tool#latest

2) We do not support any injections or hacks, this is a theme support and this is not a theme issue.
    The security and integrity of the theme files is up to the user and his/her hosting provider.
    We do not solve those kinds of requests unfortunatelly.

Thanks
  • HI Pablo

again you are missing the point . never the less we have now started sourcing a new theme thank you

thanks