De-register image sizes

Hello,

I'm trying to remove the registrered image sizes and register my own. I added the following code to my child theme's functions.php. However, when I run Force Regenerate Thumbnails, it creates all these sizes too.

add_action( 'after_setup_theme', 'myimages_image_size', 11 );
function myimages_image_size() {
remove_image_size( '50x50' ); 
remove_image_size( 'clients-slider' ); 
remove_image_size( 'slider-content' ); 
remove_image_size( 'testimonials' ); 
remove_image_size( 'blog-navi' ); 
remove_image_size( 'portfolio-mf' ); 
remove_image_size( 'portfolio-mf-w' ); 
remove_image_size( 'portfolio-mf-t' ); 
remove_image_size( 'portfolio-list' ); 
remove_image_size( 'blog-single' ); 
}

How could I possibly remove all redundant image sizes please?

Thanks, Alex

Comments

• Hi,

What you ask for, is file customization what in reference to Item Support Policy is not allowed. So if you want to modify files and don't know how, you should contact your web developer. Item Policy says:
    Item support does not include services to modify or extend the item beyond the original features, style, and functionality described on the item page. For customization services that will help you tailor the item to your specific requirements, we recommend contacting the author to see if they privately offer paid customisation services or checking out the great service providers on Envato Studio

thanks
  • I AM the web developer. Never mind Pablo, thanks for taking the time to reply anyway.

Although this theme is great if one needs to build a quick site along the lines of the existing demos by re-using pre-built modules, it's HELL if you try to use CPT's, custom fields etc. or do anything that goes beyond the scope of the predefined posts, tags and fields. 
  • Our theme is made to be the most intuitive and user-friendly theme.
    But, as I said I am not able to help with theme files customization.

These image sizes are very important to make theme fully mobile friendly.
    If there is something else I can help you with, please, feel free to ask.

Greetings