Portfolio item slider navigates in wrong category

Hello there

Under https://safemobiletechnology.ch/portfoliotest/ you can see that we created some test portfolio items with different categories. When I click on a portfolio item i can navigate trough other portfolio items. Even tough I selected browsing in same category, it still displays items of different categories (see bottom navigation slider). How can we fix this?

Kind regards
Esmir

Comments

• Hi,
    All of your settings are inside the Theme Options?
    Did you use the 'portfolio item'?

Items have their own settings, they are independent of Theme Options.
    So you have to align the portfolio page in Theme Options > Blog, Portfolio & Shop > Portfolio

Also, did you turned on the option "Navigate in the same category" in Theme Options > Blog, Portfolio & Shop > General ?

Thanks
  • Hi Pablo

I have 6 Portfolio items with 3 different categories. I have created a page and selected "Portfolio" as the template. In "BeTheme > Theme Options > Blog, Portfolio & Shop > Portfolio" I selected the portfolio page. 

In the general settings I selected "Navigate in the same category". I had the same problem in an other website which we manage and there we used no Portfolio page, but we used the Portfolio Widget trough the Muffin Builder.

Kind regards
    Esmir
  • Hi Esmir,

The "Navigate in the same category" works fine even for portfolio items (an item).
    Does this issue exist when all of your plugins are disabled? (after disabling, please clear your browser cache)
    Thanks
  • Hi Pablo

I tried it, but it didn't work.

Kind regards
    Esmir
  • In the other test site I saw that when I choose a category it only displays the items from the first page (pagening first entry). Maybe that helps?
  • Hey,

Please send us WordPress dashboard access privately thru the contact form which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact and we will check what might be the reason.

Notice!
    Please attach a link to this forum discussion.

Thanks
  • Hi Pablo

I sent you the credentials.

Kind regards
    Esmir
  • Hi,
    It looks like your Wordpress files are issued.
    Please reinstall your BeTheme and Wordpress.
    You won't lose your content and settings of the website, because all of them are stored in the database.

But, please make a backup first with this tool:
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

Thanks
  • Hi Pablo

Is there a guide for using duplicator available? There are some settings which need to be filled in. Or are these OK with the default settings?

Kind regards
    Esmir
  • Default settings will be okay.
    Thanks
  • Hi Pablo

I have reinstalled Wordpress and the theme, but the problem still occurs.

Kind regards
    Esmir
  • Can you send us a Wordpress Login credentials once more?
    Thanks
  • Just sent them. Please revert any changes after testing.
  • Hi Pablo

Could it be because we duplicated the entries? Does this use the same ID of the same product?
    From my point of view it seems like the categories are set per each item, but somehow the portfolio doesn't match the category with the item...
  • Hello,
    we logged in but we cannot see why would this be an issue. If you duplicate the portfolio items they get a new ID, so it is not possible to duplicate.
    Could you please send us your FTP details.We will try to pinpoint this issue.
    Please create a copy of your website, just to be safe.
    Please attatch a link to this disscussion to the message.
    thanks
  • Hi Bryan

I just sent you the credentials.

Kind regards
    Esmir
  • Hi Bryan

Do you have any news? 

Kind regards
    Esmir
  • We didn't get any message from you yet.
    Please check your mail inbox for our response, look also inside the spam folder.
    If you don't have any message from us, please send your login credentials and ftp access again.
    Be sure that you sent all required information mentioned in the previous message.
    Thanks
  • Hi Pablo

I sent it to you again trough your contact form. Can you please check again.

Thanks
    Esmir
  • Hi Pablo

Did you receive it this time?

Kind regards
    Esmir
  • We digged in deeper and found out that this issue could be caused by the get_adjacent_post - WordPress function not seeing your custom post type, which is portfolio.
    This could be caused by all of the custom htaccess redirects you got in your .htaccess file.

We would suggest swaping this file with the default wordpress htaccess file.
    This is not a theme issue, we have checked everything and this must be somthing in the redirects.

thanks
  • Hi Bryan

Thank you for your support. I just replaced all the htaccess conditions with the standard wordpress htaccess file. As you can see - nothing has changed. Do you know where this function is used?

I just found a forum post where it says to use "setup_postdata($post);" before that function.

Kind regards
    Esmir
  • This seems very weird. And it cannot be theme related since the custom post types are handled by wordpress. We only style it. If you are looking to where place this code, you will find it here:
    betheme/includes/content-single-portfolio.php

I will check your server again.
    thanks
  • Hi Bryan

This didn't help either. I really don't know what the cause of this problem is. Do you think you will be able to find that out?

Kind regards
    Esmir
  • Dear Esmir, we cannot really find the issue here. Did you move this website? We see that some of the portfolio items are older than the others.
    Did you use any database plugin to change things, like search and replace?
    If there was anything changed in the database, which could be the only possible cause right now, then you would have to re-create the page.
  • Hi Bryan

We have reinstalled the theme and the wordpress installation, and I don't think that we have moved the website. I took that project over, and can't tell you if that was the case. 

Maybe it was because we used the "duplicate posts" plugin to duplicate the single portfolio items and that lead to a problem? I would not know of any other causes right now.

Kind regards
    Esmir
  • This looks like the database was fiddled with. We cannot really find any problem in the theme itself.
    We use duplicate post so there is no issue with that, maybe the previous developer changed something and corrupted the database.

We would suggest creating a new wordpress installation with a new database and moving those pages with the built in import/export tool.

The theme options can be moved using the backup option in theme options>backup&reset
    Remember that this option will not export images, you will have to do it manually.

thanks
  • Hi Bryan

We found a workarround and created the navigation manually. I think we can close this case.

Kind regards
    Esmir