Comments are closed -> checkbox 'Allow comments' unchecks itself

Hey there,

I want to allow comments on my post, but it won't let me. When checking the 'Allow comments' box (under Discussion) within Edit Post itself -> after Publishing the Allow comments' box is unchecked and at the bottom of the published post page it states 'Comments are closed.'.

I want to enable posts and did troubleshooting. Disabled all my plugins and then tried again with BeTheme and without BeTheme but standard theme.-- With BeTheme theme -> checkbox unchecks itself. 
- without BeTheme (e.g. twentyfifteen) -> checkbox keeps checked just like it should.

So it seems that the BeTheme for some reason doesn't save or undoes the checking of the box " Allow comments" under Discussion within Edit Post.

FYI; Under Setting -> Discussions -> " " it is checked.
Looking for your help as I really want to allow comments :-)

Comments

• Hi,
    Is the option "Comments" in 'Theme Options > Blog, Portfolio & Shop > Blog' turned on?
    If it is, please send us WordPress dashboard access privately thru the contact form which
    is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact
    and we will check what might be the reason.

Notice!
    Please attach a link to this forum discussion.

Thanks
  • Yes, it is on. I will contact you. Thank you.
  • We checked your posts, it seems that the bottom option to allow disscussion is diabled.
    If you edit a post page and scroll to the very bottom you will see those options.

The problem is that if you enable it and save the page, those settings do not apply. It is because your hosting enviroment has low values set on "max_input_vars". It is currectly 1000 and this is why the settings cannot be saved to the database. You need to contact your hosting provider and increase it to 5000.

thanks
  • Thank you so much Bryan, I will contact my hosting provider and look into this.