Adjust image box to fit to picture

Is it possible to have the featured images... that show up as the thumbnail images on the blog category pages, automatically fit the container?.... Right now it is cutting off some of the image and cant figure out away around it...  I have attached a screenshot of the page. Thank you 

Comments

• Hello,
    there always have to be some croping for the image to actually fit the container. The proportions (ratio) has to be kept.
    You can fiddle more with the settings in settings>media.

Notice! Remember to use thumbnail regeneration after you make your changes. Otherwise, the images will not change their size. Regenerate thumbnails is a plugin.
    thanks
  • Thanks for this information... But I would like the ability to change the size of the box in the screenshot link above... This is not a square thumbnail... Is there a way in the code for me to make this post image wider? 

Thank you for your help in advance. 
  • You should measure the size of the boxes on each screen(tablet, mobile, desktop) and adjust it in the media settings. If you change the size of the box, then the responsive version will not fit.
    Wordpress has a source image set for those featured images, we cannot change that.
    thanks