An error occurred while updating Betheme: The package could not be installed. The package....

So this is the error I get when trying to update from 20.9.9 to 21.0
An error occurred while updating Betheme: The package could not be installed. The package contains no files.

I have tried the license tool here (http://api.muffingroup.com/licenses/) to see if I can spot anything but I get the message "error":"No registered licenses for this purchase code and username"

I had no issues when updating the theme last time so have no idea what's going on.

I just double checked the item purchase code at Theme Forest and know I copied and pasted it correctly as well as my Theme Forest username into the license checker.

In the theme dashboard my theme is showing as registered "Theme is registered - purchase-code-here-xxxx-xx"

I have read somewhere that de-registering and re-registering my purchase code might be an option but don't know if this will reset my entire website, this is not an option.

Comments

• Hi,
    De-registering will not remove your website settings and content.
    Do not be worry about it.

Please deregister your license key and register it again, then try to update the BeTheme like 3-4 times.
    If this won't solve your problem, please contact me here.
    Thanks
  • Thanks for the reply.
    I did as you suggested, de-registered and re-registered in the admin panel and on the second attempt at updating the theme it worked. Thanks!