An error occurred while updating Betheme: The package could not be installed.

Hello, we have our license activated, however it keeps telling us the package contains no files when it attempts to complete the update. Is there a good approach to correct this?  

The update process is starting. This process may take a while on some hosts, so please be patient.

Enabling Maintenance mode…

Updating Theme Betheme (1/1)

Downloading update from http://api.muffingroup.com/theme/download.php?code=XxxxXxXxx-xxXX-XxXX-xXXX-xxxxxXXXxxx

Unpacking the update…

Installing the latest version…

Theme update failed.

An error occurred while updating Betheme: The package could not be installed. The package contains no files.

Disabling Maintenance mode…

All updates have been completed.

Thank you. 

Comments

• This same thing happens to revslider. 

The license key is activated and otherwise functional. 

Updating Plugin: Slider Revolution

Unpacking the update…

Installing the latest version…

The package could not be installed. The package contains no files.

Plugin update failed.

• We have tested out updates on many of our other licensed sites, this is the only one that seems to be having this issue. 

Just wanted to provide a quick update on my findings. 
  • Hey,
    this message could mean that your license key is used on more than one domain.
    Please use this tool to manage your license keys:
    http://forum.muffingroup.com/betheme/discussion/36219/cannot-register-deregister-your-license-key-use-this-tool#latest
    thanks
  • I am having the same issue. I have checked that the purchase code is correctly registered to the correct domain. I was going to deregister and re-register but the form told me not to do that, to only deregister if moving. I am not able to update BeTheme, Revolution Slider or WP Bakery Page Builder. 
    Wordpress 5.0.2
    BeTheme 20.9.8.1.1
    Slider Revolution 5.4.8
    WPBakery Page Builder 5.5.5

• I wanted to add I have tried Chrome Firefox and Edge browsers all with cleared caches.
  • I purchased a copy for two sites(domains) and both have a valid license from themeforest. I deleted the theme and plug ins from both sites. I then deregistered both licenses from the registration page. I then downloaded the theme again from themeforest. I then installed on one site and when activated, it was already registered from the theme dashboard but does not show up on the license page on your website. I am not able to install plugins from source "Bundled Premium Plugin" but I am able to install from Wordpress repository. I think the license is stuck somewhere in your system. I am going to send both of my license codes and I hope you can delete from your end and update me.

• Nevermind, I ended up resetting the entire database to a clean install and then it was able to work.
  • Is there anything else I can help you with?
    Thanks