Cannot update to 21.0.3

Hello,

I am trying to update the theme on my WordPress website but all I'm getting is:

The update process is starting. This process may take a while on some hosts, so please be patient.

Enabling Maintenance mode…

Updating Theme Betheme (1/1)

Downloading update from http://api.muffingroup.com/theme/download.php?code=(deleted for security)
Unpacking the update…
Installing the latest version…
Theme update failed.

An error occurred while updating Betheme: The package could not be installed. The package contains no files.

Disabling Maintenance mode…

All updates have been completed.

Can you explain why this is happening and what can be done to fix it?

With thanks,

Tom

Comments

• Hey,
    this message could mean that your license key is used on more than one domain.
    Please use this tool to manage your license keys:
    http://forum.muffingroup.com/betheme/discussion/36219/cannot-register-deregister-your-license-key-use-this-tool#latest
    thanks
  • Hello,

Please see attached photo:

So I believe it's because I built the site on tomjennings.co.uk but then made the primary domain getseenmedia.co.uk which would mean two domains (which are pointing to and hosting the same site) may be registered with you? Would that make sense from your side?

If I'm correct, how do I go about squaring the circle with yourselves so that I can update my theme for the singular website? I need to be registered with getseenmedia.co.uk not tomjennings.co.uk

With thanks,

Tom

• You can use one license per end product, so you can use any pre-built
    website you desire or mix them but you cannot use the theme license on
    two domains.
    The only exceptions are for subdomains or subfolders. You can register
    unlimited subdomains with one license key, as long as the main domain is
    registered under the same key.
    Thanks
  • Okay I don't understand, are you agreeing with me that the issue is why domain I have registered the license with? Or not?

I need to fix this problem as a matter of urgency please as now WooCommerce is not working.
  • If your website is now on 'getseenmedia.co.uk' then you should migrate the license key location to that domain.
    That means, deregister it from 'tomjennings' and register it on 'getseen' domain.
    It will allow you to update your theme (if it won't, try to update your theme like 3-4 times)

Thanks