change h4-tags in footer to h2-tags

Hi Betheme Team,

I have installed Betheme and a child theme here: https://bit.ly/2Tw4QFy

Currently, I'm trying to change the headline declaration of the widgets shown in the footer.
Just to clarify: I don't want to change the css-styling, but the tags themselves.

The widget titles are currently displayed as h4-tags. I'd appreciate to change the h4-tags into h2.

Do you have a solution to change the h4-tags to h2-tags?

Thanks a lot in advance for your reply!

Best,
tschiummm

Comments

• Hi,
    Unfortunately it's not possible.
    You would have to edit theme files, but we do not support theme files customizations.
    Thanks
  • Hi Pablo,

everything is possible. 

Isn't there a solution like e.g. extracting the h4 and replacing them through functions.php of the child theme? This shouldn't require changing the theme files, but I don't know how exactly to write such a function for functions.php. Do you have a solution like that?

Best,
    tschiummm

• Sorry, I misunderstood you.
    You can change these fields by editing the Footer's content.

It's in the Appearance > Widgets in the "Footer" tabs.
    Just change the content of widgets inserted there.

Thanks

• I know, hat I can change the fields. But I'd like to change the fact, that the widget titles are displayed as <h4-tags. I need <h2-tags instead.

That's impossible by changing the widgets, I guess, I think, I'll have to modify the functions.php of the child theme instead.

I'd really appreciate, if you could double-check and advise me how to change the <h4-tags into <h2-tags.

Best,
    tschiummm
  • Unfortunately, you have to modify the functions.php of the child theme.
    BeTheme does not have option to change the Heading tags, it's included by default in the code.
    Thanks