Social Icons and footer

Hi,

someone can help me on these topics?

1 - How can I remove the Be logo on the footer?

2 - How can I move the social media icons on the header instead of the footer?

3 - How can I change the social media order? 

Thank you really much in advance 

Comments

• Hi,
    1,2) The content of footer can be changed in Appearance > Widgets in the "Footer | #" tabs.
    The social bar should be there too.

3) Unfortunately, it's not possible.
    BeTheme does not have such functionality to change the social icons order.
    Thanks
  • Thank you for your answer.

1 - Ok, thanks.

2 -  I'm sorry, I couldn't find the social bar in the widget. What I should do know? 

3 - Ok. Can I change just the order between the social bar (in the footer) and the copyright? What I would like to do is to put before the social media bar and then, at the end, the copyright. 

Thanks

• 2. The social icons in the header and footer are set in theme options>social.
    You cann have different ones for the header and the footer.
    3. You can always use custom menus to replace the social menus in header and subheader.
    To do that go to appaerance>menus and click the 'manage locations' tab. There you will see social menu top and bottom dropdowns.You can create custom menus and replace the social bars.

So now all you have to do is to create new menus, with custom links and paste the icon code inside the menu item name. Those are the icons: https://themes.muffingroup.com/be/theme/shortcodes/typography/#icons

So if you would want to have a facebook icon, the code should look like this:
    <i class="icon-facebook"></i>

cheers
  • Thank you for the answer.

2. Yes, in the Theme options > social, I find the list of the social icons, but I can't find anything related to how to show the header social bar. If I activate any icons in that menu that appear just in the footer and not in the header. 

3. Thank you. I resolved one part of the problem with that method. I created a footer menu with my costumes icons, but:

3a. How can I set an "open page in a new tab" function with that costume link?
    3b. The icons in the footer that I created are still above the "copyright text " I don't get how to move the icons up and the copyrights text down.
    3c. I tried to create a header social menu with this method (exactly as I did with the bottom menu) but it doesn't appear. I don't understand why. 

If it can be helpfull this is my wed site (in on work in progress obviously): sgweddingstories.com 

Thank you
  • 2) That's because you didn't turn on the "Action Bar" feature.
    Please go to the Theme Options > Menu & Action Bar > Action Bar
    and turn it ON.

3a) You have to tick on the "Open link in a new window/tab" option in the Menu's settings

3b) The website is not responding.
    Can you send me a working link to your website in your next reply?

3c) The 2) step should help you.
    Thanks
  • Hi, thank you for the answer

2 - Ok, I get it, thanks!

3a - I don't have that option. I don't know how to send you a picture about what I see, but in short the options that i have under "custom link" or "page" are:
    - URL
    - Navigation Label
    - Mega menu
    - Background image URL
    And that's it, there is not the option "Open link in a new window/tab"

3b - I'm so sorry, I write the wrong address, the correct one is: sgwedstories.com . This would work, I don't know what is/how to send to you a working link, if you explain me how to sent you that I will do it. II apologize for my lack of knowledge.

3c - Yes, thanks! 
  • 3a) Is your theme and wordpress up to date?
    Also, please disable all of the plugins, clear the cache of your browser and check if the issue exists.

3b) Unfortunately, it's not possible.
    All possible styles of Copyright & Social Bar are in the Theme Options > Footer in the Copyright & Social Bar field.

Of course, you can make a workaround, disable the footer and recreate is as the last section in the Muffin Builder - that's how you can make a footer as you want.

Thanks
  • 3a - It tried everything: update WordPress, clear the cache, disable all plugins, but that option doesn't appear. Also, I realized that there isn't even in the main menu. 

What more I should do?

3b - Ok, thanks.

Thank you
  • Hey,
    you have to open the screen options tab, see screen: http://prntscr.com/mfm5aj
    Mark this field and you will see a new tab option in your custom link, after creating them.
    thanks
  • Done! Thank you!