SEO meta description conflict with Yoast Plugin?

Hi,

I'm using the Yoast Plugin for SEO and I've optimized all meta descriptions for all pages and posts for our homepage www.kitemontenegro.com . However, when I check for the result on google by using site:kitemontenegro.com almost all of the pages have the wrong meta description (showing the default one from betheme: BeExtreme I The best WordPress theme for extreme sports). I Just entered the BeTheme Theme Options SEO and switched off the "Use built-in fields" and deleted the meta description "BeExtreme I Best Wordpress...." - but still the google search shows the same result.

What can I do?

Best wishes

Comments

• Hi,
    BeTheme SEO is disabled when you turn off the "Use built-in fields".
    Also, the SEO Title, Describe will not change in the minutes, it will take 2-3 days.
    Google robots have to reach your website first and it takes some time.

Thanks
  • Ok, nice, I'll wait 2-3 days to see if it works and get back to you if not;)

Thanks!
  • Hey there,

the problem still exist. Some pages are now showing my Yoast meta description, others show a random one and others again show BeExtreme's.

Help!
  • Hi,
    Can you send us a link to the issued page?
    Thanks

• I've sent the link in the first post? or you mean something else?
    it's the page www.kitemontenegro.com
    if you google 
    site:kitemontenegro.com
    you will see

• Hi,
    I see that your theme is outdated.
    Please update your theme to the newest version, update all of the plugins and then everything should be okay in a day or two.

Also, check if that page does not have provided custom SEO values in the "SEO" section while editing the issued page. (it should be blank space there)
    http://prntscr.com/mgtby1
    Thanks
  • Ok, thanks, just tried and get the following message:
    "An error occurred while updating Betheme: The package could not be installed. The package contains no files."

I searched the forum again and found the following answer on the same issue:

"Hi,

the error “The package could not be installed. The package contains no files.”means that you have not deregistered the website before moving. Please deregister it on both domains and register again on the new one. If this is not possible, then please send us access to your WP dashboard along with full purchase code that you have used for theme registration, so we can take a closer look.

Notice! Please do not forget to attach your license key in the message"

Now... I unfortunately have no idea how to deregister or register! And maybe this is not even the solution to my problem, so I still need some help here.

• As you said, this message could mean that your license key is used on more than one domain.
    Please use this tool to manage your license keys:
    http://forum.muffingroup.com/betheme/discussion/36219/cannot-register-deregister-your-license-key-use-this-tool#latest

thanks
  • Thanks, gone through that process now. Updated all plugins except of the LayerSlider WP, it says:
     Update Failed: Update package not available.

I guess this is because BeTheme doesn't have the newest LayerSlider included yet? Will this affect the SEO process?

• Isn't the error message this same as before?
    I installed the LayerSlider successfully.

The LayerSlider was updated in the May last year by the plugin's author and we provide this up to date version.
    More about this plugin here:

SEO is not working that way, do not be worry, it won't affect the SEO.
    Thanks

• Hi there,

so, some pages are now with the correct Yoast SEO description, other pages still show the default one from betheme: BeExtreme I The best WordPress theme for extreme sports).

Please assist!

• Hey,

Please send us WordPress dashboard access privately thru the contact form which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact and we will check what might be the reason.

Notice!
    Please attach a link to this forum discussion.

Thanks
  • ok just done so, thanks!
  • When we share it on facebook/twitter/slack etc. it displays fine.
    Even in the code, these fields are correctly displayed.

Indeed, it's display on the google wrong title and description, but we can do nothing about it.
    The problem must be related to Google robots cache, so in this case, our hands are tied.
    I think you have to wait a bit more.
    Cheers