How to change theme and how that effect present theme

edited January 2019 in Theme support
I want to change theme. How to do that seamlessly? I'm using 960 Blogger and want to switch to BeSportsman. 

Comments

• Hi,
    Please follow all the steps from this video:

You should skip to the second minute (2:00)
    Thanks
  • edited January 2019
    Yes, I know this, but What will happen with links and content when replacing theme? I need to work in a sub directory with new theme. Is it possible to copy existing Wordpress website to a subfolder and install new theme there? Then replace existing solution when finished.
  • I create a subdomain and work it out there.
  • That did'nt work. How to that? Htaccess file?
  • Hi,
    It will remove all of the settings and content of your website.
    Of course you can install the WP + BeTheme with the same license key on the subdomain.
    You can register unlimited subdomains with one license key, as long as the main domain is registered under the same key.

We suggest to use this plugin to duplicate the websites:
    Remember to deregister the license key before duplicating a website.
    Thanks
  • If I and understand you right; To install a new theme will reset everything? Then I could rather install a fresh Wordpress on a subdomain instead of cloning?

By the way, I've tried cloning my website with Duplicator, and it work like a charm. Duplicator is a great plugin! 
  • I meant, that database reset will remove everything from the website with that plugin.

Yes, you can install fresh WordPress with betheme on a subdomain without removing the main website.
    I'm glad if that plugin helped you, is there anything else I can help you with?
    Thanks