Using negative amounts in margin - to move an object to overlap it onto an adjacent column

Hi - I want to be able to use negative numbers in the margin settings of a column either in the muffin builder or the wpbakery builder but I cant get negative amounts to work - the object will just reduce in size rather than overlapping onto an adjacent column. 
Also - is there a way to reduce the padding between columns in the theme options?

Thanks,
Peter

Comments

• Hi,
    1) In the column item, you can find the "Custom | Styles" field, where you can insert the margin with negative numbers, like margin-top:-20px;

2) Of course, please get into the section editor (pencil on green background), scroll down to the bottom and you'll notice the "Columns | remove horizontal/vertical margin", check both of the options.

Thanks
  • Awesome - thank you so much - I am loving how fast this theme is. I have tried 4 themes in the past week for a project i am working on - and this theme is the fastest. i will be sure to write a review on themeforest in the next day or so
    thanks!
  • I'm glad to hear that ;)
    Is there anything else I can help you with?
    Thanks
  • yes - if you dont mind - I was wondering if there is such a thing as an Anything Carousel ? I want to create small sections / cols - which would have background image, image, text - styled in my own way, which i can have in a carousel - i know wpbakery can do it with the ultimate addons for the builder - that is why I was going to use that rather than the muffin builder - but i am liking the muffin builder so much i want to see if i can use it.
    i would like to attach an image to show you what i mean - but if you go to this test site (a different theme) scroll to the end of the page - i have two sections called paving flags and slabs - i would like to made sections like this in a carousel - http://sptest.outhausgroup.ie/

• You will be able to do it using the Revolution Slider to create your carousel there and attach it in the builder using the 'Slider Plugin' item.

Thanks
  • thanks Pablo - regards,
    Peter