Latest version?

How / where can I get an updated version of Revolution Slider? I updated to WP5.0 and downloaded / uploaded BeTheme files. BeTheme shows version 12.9. Revolution Slider is broken. It won't activate which I assume is due to the age of the version I have [5.2.5]

Comments

• Hi,
    Please update the BeTheme to the newest version first, then you'll be able to download the update for the RevSlider from a BeTheme.
    Here is an instruction on how to update the theme below version 20:
    http://themes.muffingroup.com/betheme/documentation/#general
    Theme updates will not delete your content unless you have changed the
    files directly in which case we suggest using a child theme.
    We also recommend creating a backup file.
    Please remove the theme completely from your theme folder and install a
    fresh copy. Do not overwrite files.
    thanks
  • How or where do I download the update for RevSlider? 

I created a Child and then deleted/uploaded BeTheme files. Version is now current. Thanks for your help with that.

• Figured that issue out. Revslider current. New issue.

I created a child theme prior to updating BeTheme. Everything is working properly now but the header logo is displaying twice. I have deleted and added the logo back in but no change. Looked through layout.css but don't see anything strange.

I have no idea where to look in order to correct this. Is this a php or css problem? Where do I edit or update this? Thanks for any help you can provide.

MediaSynth
  • Please disable all of the plugins, clear the cache and check if the issue still exists.
    Thanks
  • Issue still persists. Disabled plug-ins but no change. Logo still displays twice in header.
  • Hey,

Please send us WordPress dashboard access privately thru the contact form which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact and we will check what might be the reason.

Notice!
    Please attach a link to this forum discussion.

Thanks
  • Hello,
    this must be one of two things. Either the hosting has cache and your css is still different in the files or the theme update did not go correctly.
    You can see that your code looks like this: http://prntscr.com/mhypt9
    And our code looks like this: http://prntscr.com/mhyrfi

What you need to do is this, remove the parent theme completly and install it again using FTP, then check again but please keep the cache plugin disabled at all times. If this does not help, contact your hosting provider and ask if they could disable cache on the server. Please also remember to clear browser cache, the old css might still be there.

thanks
  • Thanks for your help. Two remaining issues I can't resolve:
    - LinkedIn icon doesn't display in action bar or footer. I have deleted and reset but no change.
    - Navigation doesn't display on mobile. No idea what would cause that or where to look.

• We need additional information to get it solved.
    Please send FTP Access credentials privately thru the contact form which is on
    the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact and
    we will check what might be the reason.

Notice!
    Please attach a link to this forum discussion.

Thanks
  • Please send us your FTP access like Pablo requested. This is all due to hosting constraints and we have to check your hosting.
    thanks
  • edited February 2019
    edited

• Thanks for the login, it works but after a couple of seconds we get a timeout and cannot do any work.
    It cuts the connection constantly. Please see: http://prntscr.com/mo2jxh
    Could you please contact your hosting and ask why is this happening?

• I checked on my own connection and with support for the hosting [I have a decent hosting plan running a fair number of sites so it should be able to handle file upload]. There isn't a control to set time-out so nothing I can change. I had no trouble staying connected or uploading files. Unless you are uploading 30,000 files there shouldn't be an issue at the server. Please check your end. I wish I had a simple solution but my end appears to be working. Thanks.
  • Try running a traceroute to see if the connection is clean. 
  • Worst comes to worst, can you send me files to upload? We can use Dropbox or some other method than FTP. 
  • We wanted to upload a new BeTheme copy to the /themes folder.
    1. Unzip the theme
    2. Go to betheme/styles.css and change the name of the theme
    3. Change the theme folder name

When you upload this theme, it will still be betheme but under another name. This way it will not collide with the existing version of betheme. Then check what is happening.
    We still would preffer to do it ourself if it is possible.
    thanks
  • I'll give it a try and report back.
  • Sorry for taking so long to reply. Been fighting a number of issues not related to the theme. 

I did follow the re-upload renamed theme procedure which cleared up the LinkedIn issue, but caused others. For right now, I am looking to go back to the previous version. However, I did not note the purchase code. I need to re-enter that now.

Where do I find the purchase code for dubosenes.com? 

I have 10 licenses for Be and I don't know which is applied to this site.
  • You can find it with that tool:

Just provide the username and license key there and it will display you on which domain it is registered.
    Thanks
  • Please take a look into this. 

DuBoseNES.com is functioning correctly but the LinkedIn icon does not display. The lag time / timeout issue was cleared up which should allow FTP access. 

The FTP access and Wordpress user info is still valid. Let me know if you need further info or details.
  • Please paste this CSS into the Theme Options > Custom CSS & JS > CSS
    .icon-linkedin::before{
    content:'\f318' !important;
    }
    Thanks
  • Thanks. All set.
  • Not all set. 

Client pointed out that on mobile the navigation is unavailable.

When I check the site on desktop, the navigation disappears completely when the screen width goes below a certain amount. There is nothing within basic settings to correct something like this, at least that I know of.

You have user access as well as FTP, set up earlier within this thread. Please look into this. My client is beyond losing his patience. 

Thanks.
  • Please, make a backup of your theme files and your database.
    Please register your theme, because now it's not registered and theme has to be registered if you want our help.

Also, please send us the FTP Access once more thru the contact form which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact, we do not keep these information for security reasons.
    Thanks
  • Thanks for the reply.

Theme registered. Files and database being backed up now.

FTP access per your instructions. 

Best,
    mediaSynth