How do I update a much older version of BeTheme

I think I may be one of the oldest users of BeTheme! I have several clients with BeTheme but I do not maintain all of them on a monthly basis like I do others. As a result, I have a client running BeTheme 17.8.2 and I know we are up to 20 or 21. How do I update these older themes? There is no button to update and I cannot find it in the plug-ins like I do on my newer versions. Also, do I need to worry about it crashing the site? I have a couple more sites older than this one, so it would be good to know how to do it on all older versions.

Comments

• Hi,
    Here is an instruction on how to update the theme:
    http://themes.muffingroup.com/betheme/documentation/#general
    Theme updates will not delete your content unless you have changed the files directly in which case we suggest using a child theme.
    We also recommend creating a backup file.
    Please remove the theme completely from your theme folder and install a fresh copy. Do not overwrite files.

thanks
  • Okay, this link doesn't help me. I know how to install the theme. I need to know how to get the update first - how do I upgrade from 17.8.2 to the newest version? This version still has BeTheme under Appearance - the newer versions have their own folder. Do I have to buy the theme again, because that doesn't seem right? Where do I go to get the update? Once I have the update, I know what to do from there - but where do I get version 21.0.0 or whatever it is?
  • Please follow the steps I told you in my previous reply.
    The automatic update came with the version 20, and all updates below this version must be done that way.
    And no, you don't have to buy the theme again.
    Thanks
  • I'm sorry, but I must be the dumbest person ever to build a website because I have read that instruction 10 times and it says this: 
    If you haven`t changed any theme files (I haven't), all you need to do to update your current version is to download the latest package from ThemeForest, unpack the files, and upload the new files on the server while replacing the old files by overwriting them.
    FOR THE 3RD TIME - WHERE do I get the UPDATED theme? The original purchase is on my Envato downloads page - are you saying that if I go download that AGAIN, the NEWLY updated files will be there? It will no longer be 17.8.2? 
    This is NOT clear!
  • You have to download the package with the theme from the themeforest(https://themeforest.net/).

Also, please check this video:
    Thanks
  • Hi Pablo,

To upgrade from version 7.4 to the newest, according with you've wrote before, the upgrade procedure will be the same ¿am I right?

Thank you in advace.

Regards
  • Yes, it is the same, but please first make a copy of the website and test this on a copy, not the original page. This is such a huge jump in versions that there could be issues.
    thanks