Updates are returning Internal Server Errors

DinDin
edited February 2019 in Updates & Changelog
Hello

When i am trying to update the Theme or any plugins that are bundled in your theme, i am getting Internal Server Errors.

If i update any other plugin that is NOT bundled with your theme, they update just fine.

Why are the plugins within the BEtheme as well as the Betheme itself causing these issues.

I have all my memory, settings to the max and never had this issue before with your theme or updates.  All of a sudden, i am testing this across all my clients websites that i have build using your theme and they are getting the same issue.

Something wrong with the repository that it connects for your theme for the updates?

Hosting providers i have tried with Godaddy.  Any issues or permissions or blocking Godaddy from getting updates?
I have reached out to Godaddy, they have checked everything, including Debug mode, increased and max out all memory, everything from their end reports as fine.  Their higher level of support states to check with theme developer to see why it's not connecting to their updates.  That is why i am reaching out to you.

Any suggestions?

Website i am building:  http://09n.3a3.myftpupload.com

UPDATE:  I deactivate and delete the plugin Example: WP Bakery and then try installing again, i am getting same errors on the install now too.  So now I have major issues with it not communicating with servers to update or install anything BeTheme related.

I cannot update or install any plugins through BeTheme.  HEEEEEEEELP.

Comments

• Hi,

Please go to your FTP, create a php file with phpinfo() function inside and send us a link to that file, your wordpress admin login credentials, link to the website and your ftp access privately thru the contact form which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact so we can have a look on your server settings. Remember to also send your license key and Wordpress admin login credentials. The problem is probably related to limits but to be sure which one is the reason, we need that link. For more details about file creation, please visit https://mediatemple.net/community/products/dv/204643880/how-can-i-create-a-phpinfo.php-page.

Notice!
    1. Attach your license key and the WordPress admin login credentials.
    2. Send a link to this discussion, so the email support knows where to look.

Thanks
  • I have sent all the info you requested.  Thank you.
  • Hello,
    sure, there are errors but they are not caused by the theme:
    Warning: mysqli_query(): MySQL server has gone away in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas05_data03/74/42313174/html/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 1924

Warning: mysqli_query(): Error reading result set's header in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas05_data03/74/42313174/html/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 1924

As you can see, the errors come from /wp-includes which is not related to the theme. This is a matter of hosting/wordpress settings. You do not see those errors while installing other plugins because the installation process is a little different. Those errors may still occur but they are no shown. We have updated the bundled plugins and everything went great.

Then we disabled all of your plugins and there were no errors:
    So this was just a plugin issue.

thanks
  • So was this a wordpress core files error?

I am getting this same issue on several other websites where i have BeTheme installed with Godaddy hosting.

What is the fix so that i can try and apply it across the other websites?
  • There was no issue installing bundled plugins. Ofcourse the error was showing when we were installing them, but the installation was succesful.
    Then we disabled your plugins and there were no errors present while installing or updating plugins.
    Also the wordpress admin area started working a lot faster.

It is most likely that you are using the same plugin on all of your websites and it is causing the same issue. Please check which plugin might it be, it will not be the bundled plugin for sure.