Page Builder Not Saving Changes

edited February 2019 in Other
Hello. My site is http://jtautopro.com

I had my host (Bluehost) increase my max input vars to 10,000 as recommended however, when I get to a certain amount of content on my home page, the last content wrapper won't save it's changes anymore.

The section just below the slider needs to appear the way it does on desktop 980+px. However, I don't want it to appear the same way on table and mobile because the 120px padding between box 2 and 3 looks bad. So I cloned it, removed the padding a set it to only be visible on tablet and mobile. It worked great and saved the changes.

However, when I did that, the settings on my last wrap where the contact information were lost. No matter what I did, I couldn't get it to save a top padding of 120px or anything for that matter. So I deleted the cloned wrap for now just to get the desktop appearance looking alright.

Not really sure what to do. Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Comments

• Hi,

Please go to your FTP, create a php file with phpinfo() function inside and send us a link to that file privately thru the contact form which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact so we can have a look on your server settings. Remember to also send your license key and Wordpress admin login credentials. The problem is probably related to limits but to be sure which one is the reason, we need that link. For more details about file creation, please visit https://mediatemple.net/community/products/dv/204643880/how-can-i-create-a-phpinfo.php-page.

Notice!
    1. Attach your license key and the WordPress admin login credentials.
    2. Send a link to this discussion, so the email support knows where to look.

Thanks
  • Sent! Thanks!
  • Hi,
    I was on your website, and I see that everything is working fine.
    I created the page named 'MuffTest', I've added a lot of content and it displayed correctly.
    Also, I added some text on the homepage(at the end of it) and it displayed too.

On which page do you see that issue?
    Thanks
  • The problem is on my hompage. As soon as I clone the wrap under the slider, the most bottom wrap loses all of its settings (like 120px for top padding) and when I add the padding back in and save changes, the changes don't get saved.
  • I just cloned the wrap I needed to hide for desktop but display for tablet and mobile. My bottom wrap lost its settings and the section you added disappeared completely on the front end. Back end it still looks like its there.
  • I tried more today to figure this out but had no luck.
  • I cloned this section two times and applied 120px of top padding and it didn't dissappear.
    Check it out.

Still, I'm not able to recreate this issue.
    Greetings
  • Yes you are correct. That works.

Go to my homepage now and you'll see that my 2 bottom sections are now missing. And when you get the most bottom section to appear again it won't save any changes.
  • Ok I rewrote my second last section. Please don't delete anything. The revisions on my site doesn't work for some reason.
  • I have everything back to normal now so please don't delete anything.

Now, if you clone my first section, watch what happens to my last section with my address, phone number and operation hours. It turns white and loses its 120px of top padding.
  • Hi,
    Please get into the BeTheme > System Status, you'll notice that your max_input_vars is 1000.
    Also, we installed the plugin which shows the real value of this option and it shows the 1000 too.

You have to contact the hosting provider and ask them, to increase that value.
    Thanks
  • Why does my phpinfo.php file show 10,000? I thought that was the real number.
  • Also my php.ini file on my server root directory shows 10,000 as well.

And I had Bluehost verify everything.

I really don't understand what's wrong here. I really need to duplicate that section to give it other settings for mobile viewers.
  • Your phpinfo.ini is misrepresented - as I told you, we installed the plugin which shows real values and it displays the 1000 value.
    The problem is with the php_max_input_vars, and you have to contact the hosting provider and resolve this issue with them because it's not the theme issue.
    Thanks

• Just chiming in for future viewers.  I was in the process of building a very long one-page site and ran into the same issue.  I looked it up here i the support docs and took the advice prescribed above.  I called my isp and told them I needed to up the VARS to 5 or 10k and was told 5k is the max on their platform.  After they upped it, my problem was solved.