Images within Shop

Hello.

My client is having issues with the images used for her shop products as being blurry, both the thumbnails for the images when loading the cart page, and the actual images when you click to view a single product.

They are clear on my screen, but she has sent me screen shots of what she see;s, and they definitely are blurry on her screen no matter the layout we choose (Modern, Tab Items | Image etc.)

Here is a screen shot of what the client sees:

and what I see

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Manamedia

Comments

• Hi,
    You have to increase the resolution of thumbnail.
    To change the size of the images used in portfolio/blog, please navigate
    to theme options>blog,portfolio&shop>featured image
    Notice!
    Remember to use thumbnail regeneration after you make your changes. Otherwise, the images will not change their size.

thanks
  • Thank you Pablo. The settings are already high in the Featured Image. Do I still need to change these?

• No, you don't have to,
    Please, use the thumbnail regeneration plugin - maybe these values are not applied.
    Thanks
  • Thank you Pablo. I will try regen thumbs.
  • I regenerated the thumbnails in admin, but the client (after clearing cache) is still seeing the product store images as slightly blurry, she has sent me screen shots, and it is definitely blurry on her screen, and yet on my screen, they are clear.

Any other ideas?

Her screen after regeneration.

My Screen

• When I do regenerate thumbnails, I get this error on initiation

function(){return
    f&&(c&&!b&&(h=f.length-1,g.push(c)),function
    d(b){n.each(b,function(b,c){n.isFunction(c)?a.unique&&j.has(c)||f.push(c):c&&c.length&&"string"!==n.type(c)&&d(c)})}(arguments),c&&!b&&i()),this}

If that helps any.
  • Sorry, my instructions were wrong - I showed you the place where the blog/portfolio image size can be changed.

To change the woocommerce images size, please go to the customizer tool in WordPress and change it in the front-end.
    More information HERE
    Remember to use thumbnail regeneration after you make your changes. Otherwise, the images will not change their size.

Also, I have a question:
    Why does your client see something else than you?
    https://www.winestains.com.au/kristal_screen.jpg
    https://www.winestains.com.au/mymac.png
    Is that the same page?

Also, please disable the under construction mode, we have to check it live.
    Thanks
  • Good morning Pablo.

Yes, the page examples I sent; Clients and Mine are the same page. You can see the difference on her screen vs mine clearly.

I will try resizing from the Customise Window for WooC Images. At present, I set these to 300X300 px @ 100dpi.

Thank you for your advice.
  • Ok. so the issue was, the Thumbnail settings in WooCommerce were set to 150px and the preview image was set to 300px. I have changed the Thumbnail from 150px to 300px and it fixed the issue.

Thank you for your help.

Manamedia