Paddings and Margins

Hello,

I am very disappointed with your theme and your content editor.
After all many of the features of your containers are made with code. So do users have to understand code to use your themes?

Before buying this theme and after seeing some videos of how to edit your theme, we asked you some questions to your support, where we thought your editor was not intuitive. You said it was not true and advised us to experiment.

But the truth is that there are things we do not understand how they work!

Whenever I want to use a feature from another BeTheme demo, I have to create a subdomain and install another complete theme.
Several other themes allow you to install only one page of other themes, which makes everything easier.
I even understand that the different settings of theme options can make incompatible pages of different themes, so you should help users to understand which pages or themes are compatible.

But for now I need help to understand how padings work in your editor (I've tried to find videos explaining this and I can not find it):

1 - Move Up
What's this for? How does it work?

2 - Padding
0 31px
Use value with px or%. Example: 20px or 20px 10px 20px 10px or 20px 1%

Explain this to me!

a) If you do not have any information in the Padding field, what are the default values?
b) In this case, we have 0 31px. What does that mean?
c) What if we have 30px 10%. What does that mean?
d) What is the order of these Paddings? TOP, RIGHT, DOWN, LEFT, is that the order?
e) And when we only have a padding value, is this the Top? Is Down? which is?
f) What if we have no value? Are the paddings all 0px?

Explain this, please.
Other content editors use a very intuitive rectangle, where we quickly put the Padding values ​​in the right place, Top, Right, Down and Left. In addition to the 4 Paddings, we also have the 4 Margins. Simple!

3 - Margin Bottom
What is the Default value?
If the value is 0, then does this content stick to the Wrap or Divider of the next line?

I hope you give me a complete, professional and useful answer!

Best regards,
Paulo Fernando

Comments

• Hello,
    when building a website it is important to know a little code. We understand that you would want not to use any code at all but it is not possible in a wordpress enviroment. You would have to use services like WIX.
    We use the column item in the muffin builder very ofteen and it requires basic HTML and CSS but it is very simple and easy to learn or find on the web. You can always not use the column editor and use the visual editor item, it has the wordpress default editor built in.

1. Move up makes the top margin of an wrap to be negative. This means that the item will go up. You can disable the move up option on mobiles in theme options>responsive>general.

2. You should read this to understand how padding and padding values work.

So 0 31px padding means 0 31px 0 31px. It is just a shortcut. We use top and bottom padding in PX and side padding in %. This is because the % padding is better, it scales on smaller devices, relative to the whole width of the screen. No padding means 0 padding.

3. Margin bottom for wraps and columns is by default 40px. You can change it for each individual column or wrap.

cheers
  • Hello Bryan,

Thanks for your quick response.

Luckily for me, and for many other Wordpress users, this is not true!
    I have worked with at least 7 wordpress templates and Betheme is the first one I have to know code for.
    Of course when we want to do something not foreseen by the theme, we can add code. But then the support of each theme explains how it is done and solved.
    The last two sites we did were made with Avada. It's great, it has a great content editor, very intuitive and practical.

- But if so, I'm going to send a complaint to Envato Market because you say NO CODING SKILLS REQUIRED!

In addition, you say your theme is compatible with WPBakery Page Builder and this is not quite true. I can build new containers (row or wrap) with WPBakery, BUT I CAN NOT EDIT THE PAGES OF YOUR DEMOS !!!

This is engaging advertising!

In addition, when we want to use parts of layouts from other demos, we create a subdomain and install the demo, and when we apply the same settings in our theme, it almost never works well.
    We ask for help and your support does not solve 100%. SOMETHING STILL WORKING EVIL!

This is bad support! This is very bad!

All support requests are answered in a limited, unprofessional and effective manner.

I want to talk to the BeTheme manager!
    Please send me the email contact from him.

I await your help,
    Paulo Fernando
  • edited March 2019
    Hello Paulo,

we are sorry that you feel this way. We always try to help our customers the best way we can. I have already explained and answered your questions in the previous answer. What is left unexplained? Please ask us and we will help you.
    Like I said before, you do not have to use the column item, replace it with the Visual Editor item and you will style the content without using code.

thanks