Increasing site speed

I am managing this site https://www.arslanianbros.com/ and its speed has drastically been reduced. Do you have any resources that can help. Also, is there a way to minify some of the CCS/JS files? Some of them are quite large and a minified version would be quite helpful.

Comments

• Hi,
    Unfortunately, we do not have any tool to minify the CSS.
    Also, we recommend not to minify the JS files, it can make a lot of troubles with the theme functionality.

We cannot recommend any plugins other than the ones we support.
    You can find the list on this page, in the sidebar:
    Thanks
  • I have been doing some more testing regarding this site's steep issues. I found a script that mostly works but breaks the site a bit. This code hides the header/nav. Can you help me understand which scripts control the header/nav? I can exclude them from this script if i knew a bit more about what controls it.
    /*Function to defer or asynchronously load scripts*/

function js_async_attr2($tag){

# Do not add defer or async attribute to these scripts
    $scripts_to_exclude = array('script11.js', 'script21.js', 'script31.js');

foreach($scripts_to_exclude as $exclude_script){
     if(true == strpos($tag, $exclude_script ) )
     return $tag; 
    }

# Defer or async all remaining scripts not excluded above
    return str_replace( ' src', ' defer="defer" src', $tag );
    }
    add_filter( 'script_loader_tag', 'js_async_attr2', 10 );

• Unfortunately, we do not provide support with the theme files customization.
    If you don't know how to do it, you should contact your webdeveloper.

Thanks
  • I am not looking for theme customization, I just need to know what files control the header of the site so I can exclude them.
  • Our theme's header is managed by the header.php file inside the main directory of the BeTheme.
    Greetings
  • right, and all of the scripts are enqueued there too. can you help me narrow down which ones control the header/nav portion of the site?
  • Sorry but we do not help with theme files configuration. We only help with simple CSS changes.
    We suggest looking into betheme/functions and betheme/includes for header related files.
    thanks