Getting PHP Fatal Error after updating the wordpress and theme

hi there,

I have updated the wordpress and updated betheme as well to its latest version but it just broke my website and nothing is showing on front end. below is the error log I am seeing in my hosting server which is WPEngine.com

PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mfn_opts_show() in /nas/content/live/htstg/wp-content/themes/betheme-child/header.php:37\nStack trace:\n#0 /nas/content/live/htstg/wp-includes/template.php(704): require_once()\n#1 /nas/content/live/htstg/wp-includes/template.php(653): load_template('/nas/content/li...', true)\n#2 /nas/content/live/htstg/wp-includes/general-template.php(41): locate_template(Array, true)\n#3 /nas/content/live/htstg/wp-content/themes/betheme/page.php(10): get_header()\n#4 /nas/content/live/htstg/wp-includes/template-loader.php(77): include('/nas/content/li...')\n#5 /nas/content/live/htstg/wp-blog-header.php(19): require_once('/nas/content/li...')\n#6 /nas/content/live/htstg/index.php(17): require('/nas/content/li...')\n#7 {main}\n thrown in /nas/content/live/htstg/wp-content/themes/betheme-child/header.php on line 37, referer: https://htstg.wpengine.com/wp-admin/

Your quick response will be highly appreciated. 

thanks

Comments

• edited March 2019
    Hi,
    Previously, you had to include the information in functions.php file
    which files were changed to turn on that change on the theme.

Right now, you don't have to include that information, your changes will be
    automatically added without leaving a note in a functions.php file - of
    course,
    you have to turn on the Child Theme on your website. Of course, to make
    that change we had to change the structure of Child Theme a little bit.

To make your Child Theme work again, you have to find that function in your modifcation file(functions.php) and replace the 'mfn_opts_show()' to 'echo mfn_opts_get()'

After that, everything will be working fine, we had to make that change because of the new envato rules, more about it here: https://help.author.envato.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000481243#h_674316188621522302914837
    Thanks
  • edited March 2019
    So that means I have to go through all the files of the theme and replace mfn_opts_show() with echo mfn_opts_get() correct ?

If yes, how can I easily do that instead of opening each file replacing the code, save it and re upload to server. 

Also, can you name the files I need to change the code in?

thanks
  • Not in all of the files.
    You need to replace mfn_opts_show() with echo mfn_opts_get()
    in the functions.php file in the child theme.

I edited the message above to be more user-friendly.
    Thanks