Muffin Builder Edits Not Saving

Hi

I have been trying to update my existing pages. All content development has been done in Muffin Builder
However, when I try to update, it just hangs indefinitely,  It continuously tries to save. I get a green banner saying
page updated but it doesn't update. Preview doesn't work as well. see attached screenshot picture

I created a test page with limited content and that seems to work fine. I tried updated other pages as well. I cloned the problem page
and deleted most of the content and still have the same issue. So some edits work and others fail.

https://imgur.com/V4gG5GP

Comments

• Hi,
    The Preview is not working by default - this feature is not working with the BeTheme.
    But with the other problem, please disable all of the plugins, clear the cache of your browser and check if the issue still exists.

Also, do you use the Child Theme? If yes, please switch it to parent.
    and be sure, that your theme and wp is up to date.
    Thanks
  • edited April 2019
    Cache Cleared, Parent Theme Activated, All Plugin deactivated.. 
    Lasted BETHEME and WP version

Still having issues..

In an attempt to debug this since it happening in muffin builder, I started to recreate content on a new page and saving at each step to see WHAT LINE of code breaks the saving / update feature.

In my first block I have the following in a column block.
    Mixed html and short codes.

[button title="YES! Join Now" link="" target="_blank" align="" icon="" icon_position="" color="#8B0000" font_color="#fff" size="4" full_width="" class="" download="" rel="" onclick=""]

As soon as I entered the following shortcode (button)  the saving freezes.

I removed that line and everything seems to be working.
    The question is, I never had a problem before by inserting a button inside the column so why now
    it bugging out?

• Hey,

Please send us WordPress dashboard access privately thru the contact form which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact and we will check what might be the reason.

Notice!
    Please attach a link to this forum discussion.

Thanks
  • Done
    please confirm if you have recieved my message
  • We got your message, but you didn't provide us a link to your website.
    Please, send these login credentials once more, but now, include a link to your website too.

Thanks
  • This account does not have admin rights.
    Apply them, then we'll be able to check what can be the problem.
    Thanks
  • I was on your website and suddenly, after cloning the homepage it probably turned off.
    After turning it on, please:
    Update your parent theme to the latest version
    After that, your website(on child theme) will be blank, that's because we updated the Child Theme files, to fix it, you have to find and replace the 'mfn_opts_show()' to 'echo mfn_opts_get()' in files which were modified (in the child theme files of course)
    After that, everything should be working fine, we had to make that change because of the new envato rules, more about it here: https://help.author.envato.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000481243#h_674316188621522302914837

Thanks
  • Good day,

We are experiencing the same issue with our BeTheme. 

As soon as we have button shortcodes on the page the edits refuse to save it just hangs as discussed above e.g. 

[button title="PORTFOLIO" link="" align="" icon="" icon_position="" color="" font_color="" size="2" full_width="" class="" download="" rel="" onclick=""] 

Please would you be so kind as to advice why we are having this issue.

Regards.
  • Hello,
    are you using a child theme? If so please switch to the parent theme and chek if this happens.
    Furthermore please disable all plugins and update the theme as well.
    thanks
  • Hi
    The site is working again..
    your ip might have been banned by our isp

I updated the parent theme.. however the the child theme still seems to be old?
    late updated 6 jan 2019

how do I get the latest child theme stuff?
  • Ok so I am missing something

Parent theme updated to lastest version..
    not sure how to update child theme..
    in current child theme.. there is no  mfn_opts_show() 

button short code still not working 
  • Please send your admin login credentials and ftp access privately thru the contact form which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact and we will check what might be the reason.

Notice!
    Please attach a link to this forum discussion.

Thanks
  • Sorry, but we are not able to connect to your FTP server.
    It's always freezing on this step:http://prntscr.com/ni8ylw - then it's timeouting after 20-30 seconds.

Can you contact hosting provider and ask him about this problem? He should be able to solve it.
    Thanks
  • edited April 2019
    i know  of this problem
    first please test with windows cmd  line ftp client.

and or try 
    coreftp as a ftp client

for some reason it does this with some programs and not with others
  • You're right, that solved it.
    But it's not related to the misconfiguration of Child Theme, so I enabled the debug mode of WP, then after few savings I got banned again.

Can you disable this "banning" software (probably cloudflare) for our investigation time? It will be really helpful and it will make your issue resolved quicker - because right now, I'm not able to finish my work.

Thanks
  • We entered the standard button shortcode but now without the onclick="" attribute. It saves fine, please for now use it without the onclick attribute.
    This is most likely caused by the hosting nginx settings. We found this topic on the Wordpress Guttenberg github page:

You have to contact your hosting provider about this issue.
    thanks
  • can you give me your current ip address
    the IPS has their own banning thing. I get ban from time to time.

I will ask them to whitelist your current IP
  • You don't have to whitelist us right now, we found the problem.
    As Bryan said in previous post this is most likely caused by the hosting nginx settings. We found this topic on the Wordpress Guttenberg github page:
    But now without the onclick="" attribute.
    It saves fine, please for now use it without the onclick attribute.

Thanks