How to update the BeTheme on my website

Do I need to re-purchase the BeTheme (it's version 12.9, purchased in 2016) or can I download a free update?

Thank you,
Nancy

Comments

• Hi,
    You don't have to buy another BeTheme, you can update it for free.

Here is an instruction on how to update the theme:
    http://themes.muffingroup.com/betheme/documentation/#general
    Theme updates will not delete your content unless you have changed the files directly in which case we suggest using a child theme.
    We also recommend creating a backup file.
    Please remove the theme completely from your theme folder and install a fresh copy. Do not overwrite files.
    thanks
  • Thanks, Pablo.

First, will the update work if I simply deactivate the theme from the backend of the website?

Second, where do I download the current version of the theme? When I download the theme from my Envato account, it appears to be the version I originally purchased in 2016.

Nancy
  • 1) Yes, it will work but you still have to do all of these steps mentioned in the previous message.
    2) It will be in the ThemeForest, on your envato account.
    Package downloaded from there is always up to date.

Thanks
  • Hello, Pablo.

I was able to update the theme via the method you recommended. However, the site needs much clean-up. When I go to edit the pages, the text appears to be there (using Muffin Builder) but it's not showing up on the front-end page. Any suggestions for fixing that?

Thank you,
    Nancy
  • Hi,
    Please always attach a link so we can check it out. If the page is offline(localhost) then our help will be limited, you will have to contact us when the page is online. Also please make sure that the page is not under maintenance before you provide us the link.
    It is always a good idea to also attach a screenshot, for that use services like snag.gy or pasteboard.co

thanks
  • Issue resolved. Thank you.