Update fails - Version 21.1.6.

Hi, can you please help. 
I am experiencing problems with updating the installed Be theme. 
I get the notification that the downloaded update file contains no data!?
I am trying to update to Version 21.1.6.
Thank you for your help.

Best regards,
Ann-Kristin 

Comments

• Hello,
    please first unzip the package onto your PC and then install the betheme.zip file as the theme in wordpress.
    cheers
  • Hi Bryan,
    thank you for your quick reponse.
    What is the quickest and best way of downloading the latest version to my PC?
    in WP i just see update theme buttons.
    Do I need to log into the platform where i bought the theme and download it again?
    Thanks for your help!
  • Hi,
    What is theme version? Is it above the 20 version?
    Also, if this message appear,
    this could mean that your license key is used on more than one domain.
    Please use this tool to manage your license keys:
    http://forum.muffingroup.com/betheme/discussion/36219/cannot-register-deregister-your-license-key-use-this-tool#latest

thanks
  • It´s regarding updating the site to version 21.1.6.
    It shoudnt be a licence problem.
    But thanks for the link.
    Anything else in can try. like what you suggested before? 
    "please first unzip the package onto your PC and then install the betheme.zip file as the theme in WordPress."
    Whats the easiest way to do this?
    Thanks!
  • So are you updating the theme from the wordpress dashboard or are you installing it after you download the package from themeforest?
    Please make a screenshot of the error and send it here. You can use snag.gy or pasteboard.co to upload the image. Please also try to disable all plugins first and then try it again.
    thanks
  • edited April 2019
    I have tried to update the theme from the dashboard. which does not work - i just tried again. 
    This is the error message i receive:

Aktualisierung des Themes Betheme (1 von 1)

Herunterladen der Aktualisierung von http://api.muffingroup.com/theme/download.php?code=4c7c60eb-...

Entpacken der aktualisierten Version …

Die aktuelle Version wird installiert …

Theme-Aktualisierung fehlgeschlagen.

Beim Aktualisieren von Betheme ist ein Fehler aufgetreten: Das Paket konnte nicht installiert werden. Das Paket enthält keine Dateien.

It`s in German though saying: The downloaded package could not be installed it contains no data!? 

• As you recommended i have now downloaded again the theme from themeforest 
    as there seems to be a problem with the functionality and updating it.

Whats the best way to do this and making sure i am not losing or messing up the current website and design? 
    Should i activate another theme in the meantime, delete the Be theme and upload it again and then activate? Will then the designed site still be there?
    I used for the site one of the pre-built websites and customized it .
    Will my site still come out the way it was?

Thank you for your help!

• All of your theme settings (in BeTheme > Theme Options) and content of your website is stored in the database.

To be always sure that your website will not be issued somehow, please make the backup with this plugin:

Thanks
  • Thank you Pablo. I managed to update the theme now.