Mobile view puts sidebar widget content on bottom of page

Good day all!

I have purchased Be|theme twice, most recently in 2018, and honestly do not recall if I also purchased additional support.

That being said, I cannot find a resolution to the discussion topic, specifically:
when using Be|theme Profile for a site, any content in a sidebar (i.e. login widget) is placed on the page bottom in mobile view and user does not know where to look. I know there is a sliding top menu that could hold the widget, but that menu is gray-black in the Profile theme and looks terrible. (as an aside...how would such a sliding menu be edited for better color options?)

Hopefully, you have had this issue addressed: is there a way, or code available, to stack the sidebar(s) on top above main content, rather than on the bottom, below main content, for mobile views? Or is there some other location that sidebar/widget content can be inserted so that it does not disappear from view in mobile?

The web is rife with suggestions of CSS code to achieve this, however, I am unsure where such code would be inserted. It does not work in the child functions.php or Appearance>customize>additional CSS, and neither of those locations with the suggested CSS (beginning with "@media") has any effect.

Thank you for being generous with your time.

mark

Comments

• Hi,
    Please always attach a link so we can check it out. If the page is offline(localhost) then our help will be limited, you will have to contact us when the page is online. Also please make sure that the page is not under maintenance before you provide us the link.
    It is always a good idea to also attach a screenshot, for that use services like snag.gy or pasteboard.co
    thanks
  • Pablo:

Apologies, the site is offline. I cannot yet go live until I figure out how to be able to stack sidebars above main content in a mobile view. The sidebar works fine and the widget (login widget) in the sidebar works fine in desktop view. Mobile (tablet or phone) view moves the sidebar to the bottom of the main content, therefore, the user does not see the login option. I would lose potential customers who utilize mobile if a login option was not available.

Alternatively, Be|theme advertises that widgets can be placed in main content [https://themes.muffingroup.com/be/splash/  --scroll to Widgets: "Building websites is very easy with these great widgets that we created.
    Place them inside the sidebar, in the footer columns or even in the
    content"]; however, I cannot find Be|theme documentation to support the feature of placing widgets in content. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Regards.
    mark

• Hello,
    there is no option for that, the sidebar will always show below the content, this is how it is placed in the HTML structure of the website.

You can use the "sidebar widget" item in the Muffin Builder to select a sidebar.
    thanks
  • Thank you, everyone! Worked it out, and all is good.

Regards.