Zoombox without srcset?

I'm trying to find out if this is intended or if something wrong on our side.
Are Zoombox images always of the same size?
When the grid scales down to minimum the image size is 139x113 but loads an image of 920x750.
Is this the intended behaviour - and if so is there a workaround for it?

Thanks in advance,
Yoshino

Comments

• Hello,
    the image in zoomboxes is a sourceset and you would have to modify the theme files in order to change that. There is no easy workaround.
    thanks
  • edited May 2019
    Hi Bryan,

thanks for responding.
    I'm not sure if I get you right there, what do you mean by it is a sourceset?
    It's responsisve and it changes sizes on resize - that part works fine.
    But the source seems to be static (in the source code the srcset attribute isn't there), doesn't that mean it's a single source image?

Thanks,
    Yoshino
  • edited May 2019
    The "sourceset" is set in the php script and it cannot be changed in theme options or by basic customizations of the files.
    It uses all of these images to select the best image resolution for certain resolution of device.
    Thanks
  • edited May 2019
    Thanks again for responding.
    I'm not sure if we talk about the same thing.
    To me it's not a sourceset, neither is there any data in the sourcecode of the page, nor is the source changing with the size.
    The result ist that an image with screensize of less than 150px loads an image with more than 900px and scales it down.
    I'm trying to find out if there's an error on our site or if this is the way it should be - the sourceset attribute is filled for a couple of images and for them the source changes with the size.
    I already updated the thumbnails and deactivated lazyload and caching - it seems for the problem images only a single source is provided.
    Sorry if that wasn't clear before.
    Quick help'd be appreciated - our customer starts getting a little unpatient.

Thanks (again) in advance

PS:
    Just noticed that Email-Notifications doesn't seem to work at least for me.
    I received the confirmation email, so that seems to be a problem in the settings (where notifications are on for me).
    Just to let you know, I've just this one topic and can check that without notifications.
  • Sorry, we were wrong, the zoombox does not have the sourceset.
    This feature is loading original size of the image (this one, which you uploaded in this item) - for now, please send us a link to your website.

Also, the "Email-Notifications" are not working - we are currently working about new forum which will include this kind of notifications.
    Thanks
  • edited May 2019
    Hey Pablo,
    thanks for the fast response - it's really appreciated.
    I'll send you a link by PM - I'm the owner, so I think it's better to keep it from public.

Notifications seem to work now - for the last response I got one.

Cheers,
    Yoshino

Pablo, when I try to PM you I get a page saying permission problem.
    Will that be fixed as fast as the notifications?
    If not I'll post the link here - it's not a secret, I just had no talkback with the owner, probably there is no need to worry. It's a dev account anyways and the changes I made are not content related.
    However I'd prefer PM and can wait an hour or so.
  • Unfortunately, PMs are disabled on forum.
    Please send a link to your website, we'll check what can be the problem and if it will be necessary, we'll ask you for login credentials.
    Thanks
  • the dev server is here (the problem page chosen)
    the live system is on another server and the subdomain just moved, there might be some broken images, because i just changed the domain name.

btw, i can't update the theme, the version is not up to date.
    I thought the update failed due to a different URI, but the domain is the same now (just subdomain differs).
    Is there anything I can do?

Do you have access to my email-adress?
    That's probaly the easiest way if you need a login.
  • As we said earlier, there is no sourceset, the zoom box is using original image that you provided. (so it's not decreasing quality of image)

Remember, if you will insert a lot of images in the same row, then their size will be smaller.
    Try to insert 3 or 4 images in row and check if it will satisfy you.
    Thanks