The package could not be installed. PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Unable to find End of Central Dir

edited May 2019 in Theme support
Hey, 

I just installed WordPress on a new domain, installed the Betheme theme and I was about to install the required bundled plugins but I keep getting the following error in the middle of the installs.

The package could not be installed. PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Unable to find End of Central Dir Record signature.
I tried deleting and reinstalling the theme again. I tried deactivating all other plugins while installing the new plugins. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling wordpress. I have tinkered with the php.ini and .htaccess files.

• Domain is theheartlandgroup.net
  • Running on PHP 7.2 (ea-php72)

Please let me know if there is any more information I can provide.

Comments

• Update: I tried updating the same plugins on another site that I use Betheme with, and the same error code appeared and I was unable to update the plugins.
  • Hi,

Please contact your hosting provider and check if the current PHP version on your server has CURL enabled. THe CURL errors are only hosting errors and we cannot do anything about them.

thanks
  • That was it! The hosting provider enabled CURL and everything is working again. Thank you!