Exclude unwanted Products

edited May 2019 in Portfolio
Hello support team,

So we're building a shop with woocommerce.
To show the products we're using the post masonry grid. We had to do it this way, because the client asked for a really weird way to portray the products, so we're using post mansory grid to display the products, which layout we did in the grid builder.

To display the products we use category tags. Sometimes we have to choose 2 categories, but the problem is, that they show more than we want. We just want the products to be shown, which are in both of these categories. Not every product, which is linked to these to categories. 

Example:

PRODUCTS

Product: A

Categories
Brand: Brand 1
Type: Chair

Product: B

Categories
Type: Sofa

POST MASONRY GRID

Chosen Categories: 
Type: Chair

Outcome: Product A, Product B

What we want: Product A

The thing is we have to include "Brand 1", because you need to be able to filter this in the shop-filter.
And I know I can exlude other products under "Data Settings -> Exclude".
But is there a better, more effective way?

I hope you understand what I mean. I know, really complicated :/

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Hi,
    As I assume, you want to display an item which type is "Chair" from Brand 1 (like on your example) with WooCommerce shortcodes?

You should provide the content product attributes, exactly the cat_operator.

Thanks
  • Hello,

No, not with shortcodes. We want to display the product with the "Post Masonry Grid". I know its a really untypical way to portray this product, but the client asked for this.

And if we assign more than one category to a product, everything within these two categories will be shown. But actually we just want the products to be shown, which have all of these categories assigned. And not every product within this category. I hope you understand it better now. The example above should explain it properly.

Thank you in advance.
  • So you can only set the masonry grid using a muffin builder item or a shortcode.
    The Masonry style is used only for the main shop page. If you want to insert it inside a single product page then you will have to use a shortcode or an item.