WPML

Hi 

i was bought WPML plugin and i activated it but I broke down my web site
no i am using in En mode and i want to add Japaneses
how should i create new pages and sidebars and portfolio for new language ? 
i am so confused :(

Thank you

Comments

• Hello,
    we see that you are having a problem with setting up the WPML plugin, which can be troublesome.
    If you bought the plugin, you also got support from the plugin authors:
    Please ask them for guidence in setting up the plugin and overall issues with the plugin.
    WPML is compatible with Betheme but setting it up has little to do with the theme, it is mostly wordpress settings.
    thanks
  • Hello Bryan,

i just only have problem in translating the bottom and footer for new lang 
    i alsow asked them.
  • in Bethem theme options , there is no language switcher or i couldn't found. 
    no i want add 2 column footer for Japaneses and 5 column for English
  • The footer widgets are not theme related, there are a wordpress fucntion and you should ask the WPML support team for helping in setting those up

The language switcher is available in the menu, when you create a menu you get the option.
    You can also set the language switcher in the menu, next to the action button in the top right bar.
    To do that, go to theme options>header&subheader>extras and set the WPML language switcher there.

I think they also have a language switcher shortcode somwhere, but you should ask them about that first.
    thanks
  • Thank you Bryan,
    i asked and fixed many thing but i have one issue
    if i want to show my "news" page in 2 lang , what should i do ? 
    i mean i want to show only news page in Japanese language and nothings else
    where should i change that? because in betheme option for the blog post we have only one page can be selected 
    what should id do ?
  • and how to change the font for Japanese language ? 
    i have custom font for that and i added to theme , but now it showing the english defualt fonts
  • edited May 2019
    and how change the Copyright ?
    i mean i 2 language 
    i was remove the information form copyright form bethem option , footer and in both site shows only default copyright there
  • Hi,
    1) It looks like you didn't end the basic configuration of WPML because it should work by default.
    Please, install BeTheme with the same license key on subdomain and test how it works.
    Also, please ask them for guidence in setting up the plugin and overall issues with the plugin.

2) Check this topic, it will surely help you:

3) It's possible, but you have to install the "WPML String Translation"

Thanks