Server is blocking connections with api

Hi, im getting:
cURL error 28: Connection timed out after 10001 milliseconds
when im trying to register my theme.

Server is asking me for ip adresses of api.muffingroup.com and the ranges /32 /16... etc, to add them to the white list of the server.
Can you please provide the ip addresses?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Hi,
    You can see that this issue is about connection timeout and the problem is not theme related. It is all about the hosting provider. He should already recognize and amend this issue by looking at the error message.
    Please read these related links:
    https://github.com/anhskohbo/no-captcha/issues/87

https://github.com/docksal/docksal/issues/312

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/curl-error-28-operation-timed-out-after-30001-milliseconds-with-0-bytes-receive/

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/update-failed-download-failed-curl-error-28-operation-timed-out-after-300000/

This is not a new issue, a lot of users have this problem and it always gets fixed with the help on the hosting provider. We assure that the problem is not on our side.

thanks
  • Thanks for your answer, but my host provider is asking for some ip addresses:

"Since the error is still noticed this means there are more IP addresses which your website attempts to connect to. 
    You should check with your theme provider API which you attempt to connect your website with regarding all their IP addresses.

In general the system blocks all connections to remote servers which your websites scripts attempt to perform as a security precaution, when the filter is enabled. ALL the IP address(es) of the server(s) which you are trying to connect to, from your website needs to be added to the allowed remote connections list via Outgoing Connections menu.

To open an outgoing connection to a specific IP you need to add that IP and the IP's mask to the list of allowed IPs. To do that -click on the Whitelist IP Address button and then type the IP address in the 'IP/mask:' field of the form. Optionally, you can add an informative description of the service that you're about to connect to through this IP. 

Feel free to contact us again, if there is anything else we can help you with.

Best Regards,
    Miles Claton"

Can you provide them, please?
  • im using this ip:
    149.202.6.209/32
    but it doesnt work
    Thanks in advance
  • I've talk with my server's agent, and he said that the problem may be is that the services for the theme's api are down.
    Here is what they say:

"Hello,

Thank you for the provided information, I was able to reproduce the issue.

However, the issue is not coming from the Outgoing Connections filter. I have currently disabled it and the theme is still not able to connect, even though there are no blocked connections from our side. I have checked the theme's forums and I can see that this error message had occurred when the theme vendor's services were down. Can you please check with the theme vendor, since as mentioned earlier, no connections are currently blocked from our side.

Best Regards,
    Jace Cohen"

Please help. or refound me , so i can buy another theme.

Thanks.
  • Sorry, but we can do nothing with this problem, our hands are tied because this problem is related to your hosting provider.
    A lot of our customers are downloading a lot of times every day bundled plugins, pre-built websites and it works fine.

We had a lot of problems like yours and it was always get fixed by the hosting provider (because it's the only way to fix it, the theme has nothing in common to be honest)

If you would like to get refund, please send this information privately thru the contact form which is on
    the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact.

Notice!
    Please attach a link to this forum discussion and your license key.

Thanks
  • Hi, now the hosting provider tell me this:

"I would like to inform you that we have heard back from our administrators. There are currently no blocked connections from our end towards api.muffingroup.com. However, we are only able to connect to api.muffingroup.com via port 443 and connections made through port 80 are not possible and result in a timeout:

telnet api.muffingroup.com 80
    Trying 149.202.6.209...
    telnet: connect to address 149.202.6.209: Connection timed out

telnet api.muffingroup.com 443
    Trying 149.202.6.209...
    Connected to api.muffingroup.com.

Neither the Outgoing Connections filter nor the firewall are blocking any connections.

Please, check with the theme vendors if any connections made through port 80 made from our side are blocked on their system."

Can you chek it please.

• This is all being blocked by your hosting. We do not block any connections.
    If port 443 is connecting then we think this might be an issue of HTTPS://
    It is because port 80 is for HTTP connections, and port 443 is a HTTPS connection. This would mean that your hosting automatically blocks connections made from standard HTTP and requires SSL connection only.

Maybe we can do something with that, let the user choose or automatically switch to the SSL 443 port.
    For now we cannot promise anything and as Pablo said in the previous answer, our hand are tied.
    thanks
  • I have bougth another theme from another provider, and it is working fine in my host, so maybe its a really specific issue with yours, thanks anyway.

I will ask for the refound.

Thanks.
  • Can you please try one more time on monday? We have switched to the 443 port so the updates should go thru. Please fist update the theme after the monday release.
    cheers
  • Yes there seems to be an issue here with us as well we have firewalls to block countries, however when we remove all countries the site finally connects. What country or IP Is your site connecting to? Our site lags bad unless our host removes all countries?

• Hello @reachaboveweb,

Did you contact your hosting provider to ask them about this issue?

If not, please, do that, and they should be able to help you.

Thanks