Running Upgrades in a Testing Environments

I am hosting my website on WP Engine which offer a development and staging environment. I would like to use these environments in order to test upgrades before applying them on my live website. 

However - I am not able to upgrade my theme in the staging or development websites. I get this error: 

Update Failed: The package could not be installed.

Is there a way to get the theme setup in these testing environments without having to repurchase it? (I would also like to avoid having to uninstall and reinstall the theme between each environments.) 

Thanks. 

Comments

• Hey, this message could mean that your license key is used on more than one domain. Please use the license manager to handle your license keys: http://forum.muffingroup.com/betheme/discussion/36219/cannot-register-deregister-your-license-key-use-this-tool#latest

If you see (on our license manager) that your license key is registered on a single domain, then please disable all of the plugins and deregister that license key (through the BeTheme > Dashboard)

After that, get into the license manager once more, if the license key is still claimed - deregister it, if it’s not, register it again on your domain (through the BeTheme > Dashboard) and try to update your theme/plugins couple of times (usually it pass after 2-3 attempts) - remember, all of the plugins have to be disabled.

thanks
  • The development environment that WP Engine provides does indeed use a separate URL. So I am going to have to deactivate/reactivate the theme every time I want to test the updates in a safe environment? I was hoping there would be an easier way to do this... 
  • Sorry but WP Engine is an external source application and we do not support it.
    If you wish to continue using it, you will have to go thru this process each time.
    thanks