add custom html to product categories page

Hello,
I'm trying to fix some issues on a client's website.

I see that in some of the product category pages there's some html to style the page, and it works great. 
But when i try to add some code to style another page it won't stick and after i saved it just disappears.

this is the styled page

page looks fine.

this is the page i'm trying to fix, if I add any code it disappears upon saving.

I'm using a child theme, should i modify the functions.php file somehow to fix this issue?

Comments

• Hi,
    Sorry, but we do not help with the theme/wordpress files customizations - so we cannot be any help with this kind of modifications.

But, please tell me, does the code on the end of the page disappear (last of the lines), or all of the code?
    Thanks

• Hi,

the whole code disappears. The regular text and the shortcode for the slide stay put, every html tag vanishes, even a simple break tag.

I don't get why it's ok in some pages and it's not in others, so I was to ask you if it has something to do with the theme, by your answer i'm guessing it's not the case
  • Can you test it with the default theme enabled? (twentynineteen)
    If it will work on that theme, then it will be issue of our theme.
    thanks
  • it doesn't work on the default theme either. Sorry for bothering you, thanks anyway
  • If you have some other questions, feel free to ask.
    Thanks