Product Page - Variations

I added various attributes (even went trough the WooCommerce tutorial to make sure I didn't miss something), inserted the needed product data (variable product - the attributes that should be displayed and the variations) but they just won't appear on the product page as options for selection (like in this example https://themes.muffingroup.com/be/theme/product/ship-your-idea-2/). The only way there is even a trace of them when I select the option "Visible on the product page" (Product data >> Atributes >> Expand the atribute and select the option). This makes the values appear in a table which is not something I am looking for (http://libralogistics.purplematrixhosting.co.uk/product/taepper/).

I really don't know that could be the issue. Please advise

Comments

• Hi,
    Please disable all of the plugins, clear the cache of your browser and check if the issue still exists.
    Is your BeTheme and WP up to date?

Also, is your php version 7 or higher?
    Thanks
  • Hi,

I restarted the browser, cleared the cache. This is the status of everything mentioned:

WP version:  5.2.1
    BeTheme: 21.2.2
    PHP version: 7.0.33
    (everything is up to date)

Thank you
  • The problem still exists, I forgot to mention that ( if it wasn't clear )
  • Please send us WordPress dashboard access privately thru the contact form which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact and we will check what might be the reason.

Notice!
    Please attach a link to this forum discussion.

Thanks
  • edited May 2019
    We were on your website, and there is a problem but not with the theme itself because I turned on the "Twentynineteen" theme and the issue is still there.
    I think the problem is related to some wrong woocommerce configuration or issued woocommerce files.
    For now, I suggest to remove this plugin and try to configure it one more time or reach the woocommerce support team
    Thanks
  • Hi, thank you for your help. I will try to reconfigure it.

• Hi,

Reconfigured woo commerce, contacted their support and checked everything on their end. Double checked the product, attributes and settings again. I checked all your pre - build websites and could notice that there are very few examples for variations. After some digging I finally found this: https://themes.muffingroup.com/be/pharmacy/product/pellentesquex/. I installed the example to try if it would work for me. The result is that it did. The color options to choose are displayed. I went through the settings to see what the difference may be.

It is obvious that some bug is present on the theme and it would be great if you could inform users up front about it. Most of the settings for WooCommerce aren't even defined and it still does it's job. The global attributes are obviously not working at all (as variations), if the attributes are displayed at all they are displayed if they are custom set to each product, which is a lot of repetitive work if it's a shop. Another issue is if there are any global attributes defined even the custom attributes will not show up on as options to select on the product page.

You should really consider to fix this because I wouldn't call this a compatible with WooCommerce. At the moment I am stuck with your theme which I purchased (which is actually quite user friendly and  nice looking) but is not doing what it was promised to do. I can't achieve the main goal of this project since I am not able to add any variations whatsoever (and all of the products had to have multiple variations).

The result is that I paid for the theme and it isn't working as it should. I lost a lot of time building the website, adjusting everything, adding some products, researching what the problem could be, contacting your support, WooComerce support, testing my website, testing your pre-build websites and trying to find out what the problem is since you claimed that the theme works perfectly fine.

So a lot of hard work and time spent on this. So could you please advise if there is any solution to my issue?
  • Ok but, does it work on other themes, for example twentysixteen?
    You are the only person that is experiencing issues with incompatibility with our theme and woocommerce. If there were such larger issues present, we would be floded with messages.

Please install another theme, and check if it works on it.
    thanks
  • Hi,

I do understand your argument but after several days of testing and researching there is clearly something wrong. As I mentioned earlier I tried your pre-built website on another subdomain to double check the issue and as I mentioned it is still behaving like I described.

I switched the theme to twentysixteen now just so I can send you the link:

As you can see the options are displayed - and the options are GLOBAL atributes and not custom atributes. If I would to switch back to betheme they wouldn't be visible (as I described) I would have to set them as custom in order for them to appear.

Thank you
    Regards,
  • Pardon me, twenty fifteen
  • Hey,
    you have sent us access to this website: http://libralogistics.purplematrixhosting.co.uk/
    You had cataloue mode enabledin theme options>shop. This will not show the buy button or variations.

Then I created one varioation in the product linked below and everything works fine:
    cheers
  • Hi,

Thank you for your response, but the
    problem still persists since the variations/attributes are added as
    custom on the particular product page. I feel like you are not reading
    anything I am telling you.

You I right, I sent you the link and logins to that dashboard and thanks for trying but as mentioned the problem is still there.

For
    example, the subdomain where I tried it with the pre-built website I
    sent you yesterday, I activate betheme just so I can send you the link
    today:

As
    you can see the options are not there anymore. Nothing has changed but
    the theme. If I switch it back to twenty fifteen the options will
    reappear (these are global variations/attributes).

• that is the screenshot of the same product page with the twenty fifteen theme
  • Ok, so please send us access to the healthylab website so we can check what is wrong.
    Please us the same method of sending login details as you did earlier. We will check it out. We cannot know what is wrong by looking at screenshots.
    thanks