Some questions as I get started

As I'm building out a site using BeTheme for a client, I've come across some questions I can't figure out the answers to. I'm hoping you can point me in the right direction:

1) If I use the Header builder plugin, is it possible to not have the rows broken into 3 columns? I'd like one row to be one column wide, so the menu can span full width.
2) Can I replace the Action bar contents with widgets? I'm okay writing my own HTML to insert into the widgets, but I need the ability to customize the output more than the phone numbers/email.
3) If I add social icons, they're put on their own line in the header. Can I force those to be included in the Action Bar, instead of off to the right on their own?

I think that's it for now (though I've only worked on the header, so far).

Thanks for any help you can offer.

ps. I'm working on localhost through Local by Flywheel, so there's no URL to share, though you shouldn't need it for the purposes of these questions.

Comments

• Thought of one more question: I want to make the Action Bar sticky, along with the sticky header.

Is that possible? I want it to always be on the screen above the header.
  • edited May 2019
    Hi,
    So, I see that your first question is about a header builder, so I'll answer all of your questions depending that all of them are about that builder.

1) It's always like one column, to be honest.
    The left, center, and right "columns" are just aligning, where it should be sticked.
    So if you want to make it "Full Width", we suggest using the center column for the best experience.

2) You are limited to these items which are on the bottom, and there is no functionality to add third-party widgets into the header builder.
    Of course, if you want to add some "HTML" code, you can use the "Text" item.

If you would like to achieve that on a standard header from Theme Options, then it's not possible.
    This is due to Envato new security changes which we have to follow. From now on you cannot use HTML markup in most of the Theme options. Fields that previously accepted HTML now only accept plain text. Only basic HTML tags like strong and u are working. Read more about the changes here: https://help.author.envato.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000481243-WordPress-Theme-Security-Requirements#h_674316188621522302914837

3) I explained to you how it works in the first answer.
    You have to select "column" on the left, center, or right to make it aligned on the desired side.
    If you would like to achieve that on a standard header from Theme Options, then you have to use custom CSS to achieve that.

4) On the header builder, it's enabled by default on auto mode.
    If you would like to achieve that on a standard header from Theme Options, then you have to use custom CSS to achieve that.

Thanks
  • Okay, let's assume I don't want to use header builder. (It doesn't come out as well as the pre-built headers, in my opinion).

What's the CSS I'd need to make the Action bar sticky?

I think I can add some of my own options to my child theme to support more fields in the header than you support.
  • Hey,
    the only quick sollution I can think of is to use the header style 'fixed'
    You will find it in theme options>header&subheader>header
    There is no quick css you can use to make the action bar sticky.
    thanks
  • That looks to be a little closer to what I want, but there's a minor CSS bug where there's a 10px space between the Action Bar and Menu with that Header. I'll fix it in my CSS.

I would like an option to make the Action Bar sticky by default, though. As well as make it more customizable. From the comments on this forum and your ThemeForest listing, so would others.
  • For now the only sollution we can provide is the fixed header style.
    Making the action bar sticky requires a lot of coding and there is no easy quick fix.
    thanks