Add options to Action Bar

Can someone point me to where the code for the Action Bar is in the Theme Options?

I want to expand it and add some more functionality to it, but can't find it in the code.

Comments

• Found it.

/muffin-options/theme-options.php has the options to add more fields
    /includes/header-top-area.php outputs the code.
  • Adding options to my own functions.php file doesn't seem to work, though.

If there's any docs on adding more options, please let me know so I can investigate them further.
  • If I copy the Action bar from /muffin-options/theme-options.php to my child theme functions.php, I get the results I want.

However, if I don't copy all of the options to functions.php, all of those options get lost when I save my changes.

But copying all of the options results in two options panels, a la: https://take.ms/EvfQp

So I'm back to needing to know how to add an option just to one facet of the Theme Options (the Action Bar), without just hard coding things into the header-top-area.php in my child theme.

Thanks for any help you can offer.
  • Hello,
    it is best to copy the whole file, instead of only the functions.
    Now, when you use a child theme, you can copy any file and modify it. Remember to kepp the file directory path the same as in the parent theme.
    thanks
  • As I said, that results in two copies of the options panel.

How do I get around that? What part of the code is outputting that? See my previous screenshot.
  • What you ask for, requires files customization what in reference to Item Support Policy is not allowed. So if you want to modify files and don't know how, you should contact your web developer. Item Policy says:
    Item support does not include services to modify or extend the item beyond the original features, style, and functionality described on the item page. For customization services that will help you tailor the item to your specific requirements, we recommend contacting the author to see if they privately offer paid customisation services or checking out the great service providers on Envato Studio

thanks
  • It’s great that when you offer help (“copy the whole file”) and I point out that doing so yields an error, all of a sudden you cite Envato’s policy on customizations.

How convenient.

Provide better support from the get go and offer solutions that work and maybe you’ll have happier customers with better end results that actually meet their needs.
  • We only told you how the child theme works in Wordpress. It reallt does not matter which theme you use, the method is the same.
    You own customizations in the child theme and theme files modifications are not supported by this forum, as I already explained and gave a link to the item support policy.
    thanks