update to latest BeTheme

Hi, for my website, housecallpractice.com, I'd like to update to the latest BeTheme, so I can import demo data for one of your newer templates, because I don't see it listed in my current version.

I tried uploading the zip file, but it says this already exists, so how do I update to access the newest themes?

Also, will I lose my content when I do this?

Comments

• Hello,
    you are using a very outdated version of the theme. In that case you need to perform those steps:

Here is an instruction on how to update the theme:
    http://themes.muffingroup.com/betheme/documentation/#general
    Theme updates will not delete your content unless you have changed the files directly in which case we suggest using a child theme.
    We also recommend creating a backup file.
    Please remove the theme completely from your theme folder and install a fresh copy. Do not overwrite files.

After you manually update it, you will then use the newest version which updates in wordpress, so this step is only performed once - because your theme version is old.

thanks
  • Thanks Bryan! I didn't realize I'd have to buy it again. Aren't theme updates included? I tried uploading the current version I have but I'm using it for another site.

Is there a way to get credited? I have purchased this theme at least 3 times for different sites, and now a 4th. 
  • I've also had to repurchase the slider revolution plugin.
  • edited June 2019
    You always have access to all of your bought licenses on the Envato market.
    If you go to your account > downloads, you will see that all the theme purchases are listed and ready to download all the time.

When you buy BeTheme, you get theme updates and plugin updates from the author. There is no time limit.
    Before version 20.0 of the theme, we included all the plugins and sliders in the theme package. So each time you would want to update the theme, you would have to remove it via FTP and upload the newest version.

From version 20.0 you can register your license key in the BeTheme Dashboard and update the theme in the WordPress update tab.Plugins are updated from betheme>install plugins.

All of the sliders, which were previously included in the theme package, are now available for download from betheme>pre-built websites. Just choose the pre-built website you want, and decide if you're going to install the whole demo package or just the slider. You can also choose from downloading only the content or theme options.

thanks