Updating Betheme is not possible without losing text and menu

Dear Muffin Group.

I'm experiencing problems with updating Betheme (text disappears and the menu breaks)
The old version shows the website perfectly, but unfortunately I am not able to edit and save pages in the muffin builder (the saving loader keeps loading for ever!) I have made a backup first and also use a child theme....So I tried to update the Betheme to the latest version by first removing the Betheme folder from within the Themes folder and then installed the latest version of Betheme but the design and menu is broken and text disappeared.

First I thought that it was because of my hosting so I placed the backup on my other hosting but exactly the same issues.

The old version looks like this http://massagehellevoet.nl/wp/massagetarieven

And when I update to the new Betheme version it looks like this: https://test.bigblack.nl/massagetarieven  

Can you please let me know what could be wrong here (because I never had any problems before)

Any suggestions will be very much appreciated

Thanx in advance!

Arnie

Comments

• Hello,
    please first disable all plugins, especially plugins that optimize and minimize the code or cache.
    Those are not good left active when you update the theme and may cause problems when using it as well if badly configured.

Also switch to the parent theme.
    If you are using cloudflare, then there might be a possibility that the gutenberg version will malfunction.
    In this case we suggest you use the Classic Editor plugin available in the wordpress plugin repository.

Let us know how it went.
    thanks
  • Hey Bryan...thanx for your reply,

1, I installed a new clean WP install on my second hosting platform (I only have 1 key that is used for the actual website...so the test version is not registered...just to test)

2. The I installed All in one WP migration and imported the old backup

3. I deactivated all the plugins

4. Then I switched for child to parent theme

5. Then I completely deleted the Betheme form the themes folder (in Plesk from my VPS)

6. Then I uploaded the latest Betheme file from Themeforest (WP only install file)

Unfortunately no luck still the same problems (menus and text gone!) Also tried to switch back to the childtheme etc but no luck :-(

Any suggestions?

Thanx so much in advance!

Arnie
  • Hey,

Please send us WordPress dashboard access privately thru the contact form which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact and we will check what might be the reason.

Notice!
    Please attach a link to this forum discussion.

Thanks
  • edited June 2019
    Ok I did exactly what you have asked me Bryan.
    1. I deleted the child themes
    2. I deleted the Betheme in FTP with filezilla from the themes folder
    3. I uploaded the new betheme in the themes folder

And now the website is broken (menus broken and text gone)

I hope you can find the problem pretty quick because the website is live. (and broken now!)

* And I don't know how to reply on your latest message (because I don't see an option to reply there, So I edited my former text (the one before the latest...so this one)

Thanx so much in advance Bryan.

Arnie

* edit 06-10-2019 I understand that you guys are very busy, but unfortunately the website is down for 9 days now...I have to move on so I have to put the old backup back because we are getting complaints from our visitors (we rank no1 in Google) about the broken website. I have to rebuild the complete website so I switch to a different theme (DIVI) so I need to be able to see what menu's and texts there is on the old website. Thanx for your time...
  • Ok, but the version of the theme is currently 12, please update the theme and let us know so we can login and check.
    Also remove the child themes for now.
    thanks