BeTheme Error

Dear support,

we get this error message...

Ein Fehler vom Typ E_ERROR wurde in der Zeile 918 der Datei /homepages/38/d644084137/htdocs/wp-content/themes/betheme/functions/builder/back.php verursacht. Fehlermeldung: Uncaught Error: [] operator not supported for strings in /homepages/38/d644084137/htdocs/wp-content/themes/betheme/functions/builder/back.php:918
Stack trace:
#0 /homepages/38/d644084137/htdocs/wp-content/themes/betheme/functions/meta-portfolio.php(460): mfn_builder_save(132)
#1 /homepages/38/d644084137/htdocs/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(288): mfn_portfolio_save_data(132)
#2 /homepages/38/d644084137/htdocs/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(310): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array)
#3 /homepages/38/d644084137/htdocs/wp-includes/plugin.php(465): WP_Hook->do_action(Array)
#4 /homepages/38/d644084137/htdocs/wp-includes/post.php(3951): do_action('save_post', 132, Object(WP_Post), true)
#5 /homepages/38/d644084137/htdocs/wp-includes/post.php(4028): wp_insert_post(Array, false)
#6 /homepages/38/d644084137/htdocs/wp-admin/includes/post.php(405): wp_update_post(Array)
#7 /homepages/38/d644084137/htdocs/wp-admin/post.php(218): edit_post()
#8 {main}
 thrown

p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 16.0px Arial}
p.p2 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 16.0px Arial; min-height: 18.0px}

We think it's related to "the wonderful world of blocks / wunderbare Welt der Blöcke." Maybe there is a way to hide the blocks or to deactivate them?

Thanks you for your help!

p.p2 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 16.0px Arial; min-height: 18.0px}

Comments

• Hello,
    please first disable all of your plugins and check again.
    Also, make sure that you are using the latest version of wordpress and BeTheme.
    PHP 7.0 or greater must be used as well.
    thanks
  • Hi,

we deactivated all plugins and tried again - nothing happend. We still can't safe changes in WordPress.
    The website is running on php 7.2. and WP uses the latest version. The site also uses a betheme-CHILD. So, can I just switch to BETHEME and try to make and safe the changes we have to do at the website?

The Child-Theme has version: 1.6.

• The version of the child theme does not really matter that much.
    What if you switch to the parent theme, does it then work fine or the problem persists?
    thanks
  • edited June 2019
    Ok, the website is running with the parent Betheme now (version installed: 14.2)
    But I still can't make changes at the website.

Is the installed betheme too old? (sorry for my stupid questions, but WP is really new to me).
    Should I re-install the theme zip with the plugin "update Theme and Plugins from Zip File" and try again?

Thank you for your help!

• Yes, your betheme version so very outdated and this may cause a lot of issues.
    From version 20.0 we introduced a way to update the theme from Wordpress dashboard.
    This one time, you will have to update it manually to avoid more issues.
    Please, disable all of your plugins and switch to the parent theme while doing this.

Here is an instruction on how to update the theme: http://themes.muffingroup.com/betheme/documentation/#general Theme updates will not delete your content unless you have changed the files directly in which case we suggest using a child theme. We also recommend creating a backup file. Please remove the theme completely from your theme folder and install a fresh copy. Do not overwrite files. thanks
  • Hi Bryan,

is there a way you do it for us with the Log in dates?

I have spent hours with it and the customer needs us to to do the changes in WP today (and this is actually the only thing I can do without mistakes).

Thanks for you answer

^:)^ ^:)^ :-j
  • so in fact there would be to pages to do exactly that.
    Pls let me know what this will cost and if you can support us with it today.

Best,
    Elisabeth

• edited June 2019
    Sorry but we do not provide such modifications. You would have to contact a webdeveloper so he would update the theme for you.

cheers