Updated to Wordpress 5.2.2 and Having Child Theme Issues

Hello,

We updated out site to Wordpress 5.2.2 but when the child theme is active we get a "The site is experiencing technical difficulties." error... I have deactivated plugins (no problems) but when I deactivated the child, the site went back up with no issues.. Any help would be great. Thank you 

Comments

• Hello,
    so this happens only when you activate the child theme?
    This could be due to your child theme modifications are not compatible with the newest version of wordpress.
    Did you update the parent theme?
    thanks
  • Yes I updated the parent theme and we have the parent theme activated with no issues. Thanks
  •  Please send us WordPress dashboard access privately thru the contact form which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact and we will check what might be the reason.

Notice!
    Please attach a link to this forum discussion.

Thanks
  • We sent in a private message with access details. 

Thank you 
  • We have checked everything, and it looks like this is your custom code in the child theme.
    You have modified functions.php and theme-head files.
    We suggest you pinpoint which files modification is it first, and then look for the code that is causing this issue.
    thanks
  • Thanks Bryan for looking into this. Did you make any adjustments to any plugins or files on the site as now we have index.php enabled in all urls and this is an issue. Trying to troubleshoot why this automatically happened over the weekend. Thank you. 

• We updated the site and it is back to normal, but if you can please let us know if you made any adjustments just for our reference that would be great. Thank you 
  • We did not touch anything.
    All we have done is disabling plugins (of course we turned it on layer)

So, if you have some further questions, feel free to ask.
    Thanks