Slider not showing anymorea after 5.2 update

Hi, I recently updated wp to 5.2 for some other issue and suddenly the rev slider is no longer working.

I have looked around in the forum and tried a few things such as disabling all other pluigns and clearing cache but it did not work. I also read that apparently revslider is not compatible with PHP 7? I have currently php version 7.3.5 - not sure if it also got updated with the wp update - could this be the reason for the sudden malfunction?

Any tips are welcome!
Thanks

Comments

• Hi,
    Please always attach a link so we can check it out. If the page is offline(localhost) then our help will be limited, you will have to contact us when the page is online. Also please make sure that the page is not under maintenance before you provide us the link.
    It is always a good idea to also attach a screenshot, for that use services like snag.gy or pasteboard.co

thanks
  • Hi, the link is https://www.creciendodeviaje.com/ but currently the slide is not showing at all. We have not changed anything, happened when we run the last update.
  • Did you update the Revolution Slider too?
    It has to be to make it work with the latest version of WP.
    Thanks
  • Yes, it is updated to the latest version - which is shown as 5.4.8.3

• Hey,

Please send us WordPress dashboard access privately thru the contact form which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact and we will check what might be the reason.

Notice!
    Please attach a link to this forum discussion.

Thanks
  • Thanks Pablo, I sent yesterday an email using the contact form.
  • I cannot access your /wp-admin page.
    Did you change it to something else?
    Thanks
  • Hi Pablo, I just tried the login I sent and it is working normally:

Thanks, Estela
  • I cannot reach your wp-admin page again.

Maybe you have some kind of blocking software for certain countries?
    If so, please disable it for all of the countries which are in the European Union.

Thanks
  • We don't have any blocking plugin :( since we travel a lot login from all across the globe and login from everywhere.

In any case, do you have any tips that I can try myself?
    I can access the slider revolution plugin and see that the slide is there and working. Then in the main page I selct that slide (see below, slide is called Creciendo) but it doesn`t show in the page. The page config is the following;

MEDIA:

Slider / revolution
    slider: Creciendo

Slider/layer slider: --select—

Slider/shortcode: --

Subheader Image: --

OPTIONS:

One Page: off

Subheader | Hide: ON

Content | Remove
    Padding: off

Custom | Layout: Theme
    options

Custom | Menu: default

• Don't you have any specials letters or spaces in your slider name?
    Did you try to disable all of the plugins and check if it start to work when only RevSlider is turned on?
    Also
    Do you use Child Theme? Try to use it with a Parent Theme.

It's really hard to tell what's wrong when I cannot access that page :(
    Greetings
  • Hi Pablo, thanks for the suggestions. I have tried the following:
    - checking the slider name and just in case duplicating the slider with a different name, and selecting the new one from the home page menu
    - disabling all plugins - clearing cache - update the homepage
    - As far as I recall we are using the Parent Theme - or at least I don't see any child theme in the wp-content/themes

Could you try loging in from any other browser? 
    This is getting frustrating :(
  • As can I see in your source code you have a lot of minify/cache plugins enabled.
    Disable them for now, they can be the main source of problem.

Your slider has "display:none" attribute applied which could be inserted somewhere in the slider options.

Try to download one of our sliders and attach it as a default slider.
    You can import them without installing the pre-built website.
    Here is a screenshot for better understanding:
    http://prntscr.com/h85ybi

It will be really hard to investigate the problem for me, without the wp-admin access.
    Did you ask the hosting provider about this redirections? Maybe it's provided from your hosting.
    Please show him this screenshots and ask him about looking at the logs.
    He should recognize the problem after that.

Thanks
  • Hi Pablo, have tried what you suggest but it is not working, not ven with the demo slider from the prebuilt sites.

What country are you trying to login from? I need this info to get down the security.
    Thanks! Estela
  • Unfortunately, I cannot tell exactly from which country I am due to the security reasons.
    All I can tell, that we are from European Union.
    Thanks
  • I tried to get into your website like on 4 browsers and it's still not working.

Did you contact your hosting provider? Didn't he give any ideas how to fix that problem?
    Thanks
  • Hey, just for the sake of others having the same issue; we have managed to make it work by changing in the Slider Revolution - Global settings - Include RevSlider libraries globally. 

This forces to load the slider on all pages; which we though at first that should not be required since we have the slider only in the homepage, but it has worked.