Background Image disappeared from Home Page on Theme Update!

edited July 2019 in BeBuilder
https://saddlebackeye.com/

HELP!! I just updated the BE Theme and now the code that I was using to display a background image (on the Home Page ONLY) no longer works! How do I make the background image display? Here's the code that worked before the update: This code was at the bottom of the home page editor, custom css.

html {
background: url(https://saddlebackeye.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/crystal-clear-beach2.jpg); background-size: cover; background-repeat:no-repeat; max-width:100%;

}
.alignleft-home {
margin: 39px 0px -77px 0;
}

Comments

• Hi,
    I copied whole of your custom css and it looks like it's a typo somewhere there.
    Copy it to some kind of IDE and check, that your code in a lot of places will be underlined with red color, which means that this code is not correct.

Find the problem, fix it and everything will be okay.
    Thanks
  • Thank you. BUT I used this exact code you offer in your Vision Child Theme and it still does not show the image!

html {
    }

PLEASE help me find what is preventing the background image from showing! Thank you!
  • Sorry, but we do not provide any customizated Child Theme.
    All we include in our package is clean BeTheme with clean Child Theme.

That CSS code is still not correct.
    You are missing some brackets and you have some not closed comments.

As I said, copy it to some kind of IDE and it will show you where the problem appear.
    Thanks
  • Ok, I have validated the CSS as shown below and there is no error. If I revert back to the previous version of your BE theme, the background image appears. The new theme update seems to be blocking the background image. Here is my code. PLEASE help me find the issue why the BG image does not appear!

Validated CSS is below:

background-image {
    background-size: cover;
    background-repeat: no-repeat;
    max-width: 100%;
    }
    .alignleft-home {
    margin : 39px 0 -77px 0;
    }
  • I am having the same problem. I just updated to the latest version and my top images(Featured Image) are not appearing, only the text appears. You can check it out here.

You can see the text BIKES, but the featured image is not appearing. Everything was working fine until I ran the last update of the theme. Is there a way to go back to the prior version?

• I just realized the child theme was not activated, only the parent theme was activated. I activated the child theme and now the images are working. But messed up my header a bit. 
  • My issue remains. I have the Child theme version 1.6.1 installed. Is there a later version perhaps?
  • It is not blocking anything.
    I applied the CSS code " html{background-image(...)} "  in new css document and it works.
    The problem is only in your code because you made a few mistakes on your CSS code.

We do not provide customizing customer's code.
    As you probably know, the support forum is made for responding to questions or problems regarding the item and its features not the custom codes.
    We strongly assure, check your CSS code for mistakes like this:http://prntscr.com/obznfa
    There is a lot more of missing brackets too.
    If you have problems to recognize it, remove whole your CSS code and create if from beginning.

Also, that code you sent is not correct.
    There is no DOM element like this in HTML.

Hello,
    I cannot reach your website, the 404 error appear:
    Did you solve your problem?
    Thanks
  • Ahh! You have been referring to custom CSS in the theme dashboard! I was referring to the simple CSS added to the specific page. But now that you referenced the issue with the screenshot, I found those wrong characters, deleted them, and the background image is displaying as desired. Thank you!